First mouse for me!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  21:28:20  Show Profile
Had my corn for just over a week now and gave her a large mouse today. This is the first time I've fed a snake, I find it fascinating how they can get something that large inside them with relatively little effort. Sounds a bit silly now but I was half expecting to see a mouse shaped bulge in her!

I decided to feed her in her viv as she's not yet at the stage where she feels comfortable being out and about in the tank, although I did get her to come to the front of the tank the other day and look at my hand. What I did was put a large clear plant pot saucer in the viv and the mouse inside. I watched to make sure she kept the mouse in and didn't drag it onto the hemp.

Merauke Blue Tongue Skink | Yemen Chameleon | Tokay Gecko | Ghost Corn | Pinstripe Corn | Royal Python | Mexican Black King | Speckled King | Black & White Banded Cali King | Sonoran Cross Dwarf Boa | Western Hognose | Rainbow Crab | Tiger Oscar, Green Severum, Silver Dollars, Ornate Bichir & Synodontis.

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  22:01:09  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
well done,it's good to watch.

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  12:42:48  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Oooo congrats :D

Glad shes eating well

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  16:58:24  Show Profile
I'm guessing you didn't buy a hatchling then??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  22:32:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jono2411

I'm guessing you didn't buy a hatchling then??

She's an Aug 08 hatch and approx 28" long at the moment. I was told she was taking medium and large mice/rats. The shop was out of mediums so I went for a large.

Merauke Blue Tongue Skink | Yemen Chameleon | Tokay Gecko | Ghost Corn | Pinstripe Corn | Royal Python | Mexican Black King | Speckled King | Black & White Banded Cali King | Sonoran Cross Dwarf Boa | Western Hognose | Rainbow Crab | Tiger Oscar, Green Severum, Silver Dollars, Ornate Bichir & Synodontis.

Edited by - n/a on 10/02/2009 22:33:34
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  01:02:01  Show Profile
blimey, they go up in meal sizes quick dont they?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  08:08:18  Show Profile
When I put the mouse in I thought it looked too big! She obviously disagreed heh

Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  08:51:10  Show Profile
fair play, she knows best...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

75 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  18:03:18  Show Profile
Hi thats really good well done, ive had my corn since he was a hatchling i was really proud the first time i fed him.keep up the good work
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000