Tempermental Snake
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

48 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  13:54:55  Show Profile
Hey guys, a friend of mine just bought a new corn (snow), hes about a year old, and when he was in the petshop he was fine. When my friend took him home he started to get really agitated, rattling at people when they try to get him out to handle.

His dad said that if the snake dosnt calm down by saturady he has to take it back to the shop, help us please!

1.0.0 Okeetee corn (Emmet)

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  13:56:58  Show Profile
Your mate should be leaving the snake alone for at least a week any way to let it settle in. This means just changing the water and monitoring the temperature.

After this time he can start handling the snake for short periods of time in one session.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

48 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  14:05:51  Show Profile
Thanks a lot, appreciate the help, lets hope his dad is understanding.

1.0.0 Okeetee corn (Emmet)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  14:12:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
As above, get it some time to settle in.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  14:24:02  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Plus if your friend and family is getting agitated around the snake, that can only scare the snake more. They are sensitive to our emotions so if they are freaking out, the snake will worry and react defensively.

Leave the snake for a week at least and then try gentle, calm movements when they go to get him out. He'll calm down eventually.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

83 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  15:57:20  Show Profile
i also have a snow corn that's very nervous, he rattled his tail etc, but after a week, 2 feeds,and a shed he is starting to settle down, he still goes like crazy to get away from me, but after feeding i leave for two days and only handle for 30sec two days after, they are so defensive even at one year old they think we are trying to eat them. just give it time! also tell the family that this is a long term pet, not one that will play fetch with you, its like having fish something to look at you wouldn't put your hand in a fish tank to play with them,

0.1.0 boxer dog ruby
0.0.1 snow corn rocket
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000