New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  18:52:36  Show Profile
Hey, Ramesses isn't feeding tonight even tho he normally takes the pinkie within seconds... have left it with him with a hole to its brain but doesn't seem to be working... any help would be appreciated...

peace

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  19:12:10  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
It may be the change in temperature and daylight or he may be getting ready to shed.

Try again in a few days, hopefully he will eat then :)

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  19:32:12  Show Profile
he shed on the 19th on jan so i dont reckon its that... will leave the mouse in until about 11 then try it again tomorrow maybe... or do you reckon i should leave it until thursday or friday?
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  20:53:22  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
was it thoroughly defrosted? was it warm enough? you could try leaving him alone with it with the lights off. what substrate are you using? are you able to leave it in with him overnight?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  21:05:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Or perhaps he just isn't interested this time. Give him a few days and try again.

One feed is nothing to worry about

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  08:57:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

was it thoroughly defrosted? was it warm enough? you could try leaving him alone with it with the lights off. what substrate are you using? are you able to leave it in with him overnight?

i think it was defosted and warm enough, that it to say it was the same as I always give him, and i tried with the lights off... substrate is that reptile carpet stuff...

I reckon it might just be that he wasn't bothered... will try again tomorrow or tonight...

peace
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  09:00:36  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Give him 2 or 3 days then try again. Don't worry .

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  23:15:32  Show Profile
Hi new to forum
milimax not eaten for 10 days, shed skin in between, appears lively enough changed size of mouse, appears hungry but not interested in mouse.
Any help would be great
Thanks Karen in Dundee
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  07:21:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
A lot don't eat during the shedding process.

Give him a couple of days and then try again, perhaps the new size of mouse was a bit big for him?

Don't panic though, its quite natural for them to go without food for long periods.

Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  19:12:53  Show Profile
Since my topic has been hijacked i thought i'd update it...
Thought maybe it was coz the tank is too big, it's 18"x18" and he is only a nipper... have ordered some stuff to pack it out a bit...
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  19:13:50  Show Profile
btw,
he stall hasn't eaten, tried again this evening...
Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  19:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Jono2411

Since my topic has been hijacked i thought i'd update it...
Thought maybe it was coz the tank is too big, it's 18"x18" and he is only a nipper... have ordered some stuff to pack it out a bit...

Wouldn't say your topic was hijacked - she just asked the same question as you, the answer is beneficial to both of you.

If it's a hatchling 18"x18" may be a little big, but it won't take long for a corn to quickly grow... just put the viv to one side for now, you can get plastic terrariums for wilkos for £4.99 which are ideal for hatchlings.But it all depends on how big the snake is... How long is your snake?

Alot of snakes are going off food at the moment, it's the cold and less daylight hours.
What are the temps in both the hot end? If it's not warm enough they can go off food.

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  20:40:07  Show Profile
My daughters snake, Tango, did not feed for us for 33 days after we had him.... regular feeder previously.. obviously just took him a while to settle in with us...

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  09:33:28  Show Profile
didn't mean to sound offended, just a joke... (bit hard to convey through typing...)
Haven't properly measured him, buy i think he is about a foot, maybe a little under... Temps are all good, 85 in the hot with 73 in the cold...
Rather than move him into a small box where I wont be able to control the temps as well I am going to clutter his home with loads of hides and branches and fake plants, hopefully that will do the trick...

Since it has only been 3 days I shall try not to worry as much, just want the little guy to be as happy with me as I am with him...

Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  15:54:29  Show Profile
Just thought I'd update everyone on the fact that Ramesses fed again today!! very happy about that. He was in his rub and then he went back to his (now much more cluttered with hiding places) viv....
I'm ecstatic that he is well and hope everyone else with feeding problems can solve them also...

peace
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  20:43:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
well done Ramesses

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  01:02:54  Show Profile
he says thank you...
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  06:40:49  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yey! - Nice one.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000