Escape proof viv
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  13:31:28  Show Profile
hey guy's i am collecting my first snake 4 month old Butter (pictures on photo thread) from the pet shop week after next and was wondering what type of Viv/faunium to get for her that is right size so as to make her feel comfortable and also be escape proof. I've read on here alot about hudinhi training up a new batch of escapist's and any advice or links to products would be great

Cheers in advance

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  14:08:44  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Most vivs are escape proof, but it depends on the clumsiness of the owner and the brilliance of the snake as to if you get an escapee or not

A four month old should be alright in a faunarium for the time being. I get mine from Wilkos for £4.99

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  19:47:30  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Pffft, Haven't they been known to 'teleport through glass' Kaz?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  20:56:11  Show Profile
here is i picture of the viv setup i got i'm going to get one more place for her to hide. and one more plant.
the cd is for size reference but it's just a 2ft viv really.
the guy said to sillicon seal up a bit at the top of it but that should be hard. i know this is probably a stupid question but do i need to do anything with the glass as i got a lock for it wbut could a four soon to be 5 month old corn fit between the plates?

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  21:31:59  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
My 6/7 year old corn fits betwwen the glass plates on my viv, i have a bit of doubled over cardboard in the gap.

My glass plates are about 8mm apart though.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  21:39:39  Show Profile
just got a ruler and mine are 3mm between them but might try the cardboard to be safe
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  12:37:54  Show Profile
Howdy, You are getting that butter Corn from Ben correct? If so I saw the snake and it is unlikely to get through that glass gap mate. Put the snake in and watch it. It will most likely explore its new home including the gap between the glass. If he can get his head through it they say that the rest of the body will follow. You'll be fine. That a cracking little snake btw. Good luck with it.

Snakes:
0.1.1 Carolina Corn's
0.1.0 Royal Python

Tarantula's:
0.1.0 G.Rosea 0.1.0 B.Smithi 0.1.0 A.Seemanni 0.1.0 A.Avicularia 0.1.0 A.Versicolour 0.1.0 H.Vietnam sp 1.1.0 H.Lividium 0.2.0 P.Murinus 0.0.1 B.Vagans 0.0.1 L.Parahybana 1.0.0 S.Rubronitens 0.0.1 A.Bicoloratum 0.1.0 N.Chromatus 0.1.0 B.Klaasi 0.0.1 B.Albopilosa 0.1.0 C.Crawshayi 0.2.1 P.Scrofa 0.1.0 E.Pachypus 0.0.1 P.Regalis 0.1.0 T.Blondi 0.1.0 S.Javenisis 0.0.1 E.Campestratus 0.0.1 H.Gigas 1.0.0 I.Hirsutum 0.1.0 P.Cambridgei 0.0.1 C.Cyaneopubescens 0.1.0 H. Villosetta
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  16:50:52  Show Profile
it sure is she's all misty now so i'm going to leave her with ben to shed and get one more feed while i get the rest of my gear in the flat and fiddle about with the thermostat to get the temperatures right and all that before she comes so excited but going to force my self to leave her alone for 3-4 days to settle in?

do any of you guy's use those moonlight bulbs for viewing at night?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000