Not quite what I had in mind as a hide
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  21:08:48  Show Profile
Bella is currently in the cable recess area behind the background of her Exo-Terra viv.

I've just installed a thermostat, and put the background in with the cable cut away at the bottom.

Is she alright in there for the moment? I assume she can get out of a space she got into.

What can I do to stop her doing this, as Tom and I are supposed to be getting her used to being handled, and having to extract the background to reach her isn't making that very easy.

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  22:17:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
any pics? i'm struggling to visualize what you mean (or i could just be tired, it's way past my bedtime!)

could try packing it with something like some sponge cut to fit, or cotton wool as a temperary measure

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  00:12:01  Show Profile
There's a picture of the back of the background here.

http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/background.php

Bella's coiled up at the bottom of one of the ressessed areas.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  11:58:59  Show Profile
I assume you mean u cut a gap i the bottom of the background for the heat sensor to go through? I jst got an exoterra for my cresty and all i did was puncture a hole in the background just big enough for the sensor to squeeze through, cause cresties hide in tiny spaces. like ginger said, just block the hole. you could use spare bits of background that you cut away. best to stop her getting in otherwise it'll be very tricky gettin her out.
One problem with exoterras is one your snake is big she'll prob be able to push her way through the mesh( why they not really recomended for snakes) just be aware of this and make sure the mesh is covered wit somin stronger when she gets bigger

1.0.0 corn- Gump
1.0.0 crested gecko- Kitoto
6.10.15 guppies :S
0.0.12 tropical fish
1.0.0 bf- david hehe
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  13:38:27  Show Profile
I got her out easier than expected, and she's back in her normal hide.

I'll just have to find something to block the space so she doesn't go in there again. It's precut with a 1cm by 5cm gap.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2009 :  16:44:51  Show Profile
weird mine wasnt hmm. also in the future make sure ur snake doesnt rub her nose on the mesh too much

1.0.0 corn- Gump
1.0.0 crested gecko- Kitoto
6.10.15 guppies :S
0.0.12 tropical fish
1.0.0 bf- david hehe
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  19:06:43  Show Profile
i was warned by my suplier about the Exo Terra background.kellogg went missing and i found her behind the background,there is a cut out at the bottom lhs where she went under there.i trimed the bottom so it was flat.this work for a day or so but she climb to the top where there is another cutout and climb down.i have removed the background and placed it on the other side of the glass.i was going to use some silacone to stick the background down and seal the top.
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  10:53:54  Show Profile
I had the same problem but I just use some tissue paper and replace it every time I clean the viv (once a week)

If you want to see what I mean then check out the pics I put up... (Pics of Ramesses)
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  12:27:37  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Dusk used to do that all the time. It never caused any problems but I blocked the holes up anyway because getting him out to play was impossible, not to mntion he left a shed behind there once and getting that out was a chore.

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  23:37:35  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
thats what i hate about those vivs all my youngsters did that when i had a viv like that, and my cali king got out through the cable holes, so make sure the holes are closed

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic