New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  21:47:27  Show Profile
Boycee and marlene my dwarf sonoran boas are not feeding. grrrrr.

We got them about a week before christmas and they were due a feed then. We left it a week and tried in between christmas and new year on medium rats. They had fed in the Rep shop and he told us Marlene had a nasty strike and boycee had to be left with it. I have no reason not to believe this as i know and trust the guy ane he'd had then for a couple of months.

Anyway they wouldn't eat the rats so we left it again and tried chicks tonight to temp them but again no interest at all. There temps are fine so is the viv set up, they have been handled but not much as life has been manic the last couple of weeks so not enough to stress them out.

Anyone have any ideas?

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  08:41:29  Show Profile
When my Royal stopped feeding I just left him be apart from water changes for a good two weeks, then the next time I went to feed he snapped it up.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  20:34:13  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I would leave them a little bit longer. I know you said you don't think it's stress, but settling in seems the most obvious reason to me that they might be off their food. You'd be surprised how little can upset them

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  20:49:03  Show Profile
Cheers peeps, gonna leave them alone for another week then try again i think.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  14:07:20  Show Profile
Hello folks, Just an update, marlene has had a cuople of good feeds over the last 2 weeks (Well 2 small rats 2 weeks ago and a large mouse then large rat yesterday) but boycee still isn't interested at all.
We've even tried leaving a brained rat and couple of mice in the viv for an hour and a half and nothing, he's now not eaten since the middle of december how long till i should start to really worry? Keep being told it's just the cold and that Boas can go months but stll cant help feeling this is going on a bit too long now. I just don't want to go down the force feeding route until i really have too.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  16:31:04  Show Profile
Have you tired chick scenting?

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  19:10:49  Show Profile
Yep... tried chicks, mice and rats (of every size) Chick scented mice and rats, Mouse scented chicks feeding in viv - out of viv, We got marlene to feed by really PŁ%&*%g her off smacking her round the face with rowland but Boycee just curled up to hide his head.

Me thinks it may be time to crack out the kevlar bike gloves and ram something down his neck soon i just really want to avoid it if we can.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000