Feeding
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  16:04:05  Show Profile
Hi,just need some avdise.I own a small cornsnake that has been feeding well on one pinky every sunday.He now seems to be looking for more,should i now try two?or just leave him as he is for a while.Any advise would be great,thanks.

n/a
deleted

157 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  16:36:04  Show Profile
how small is small? lol do u know his/her size at all? i think Nia went up to fuzzies when she was 15inches, i missed out the two pinkies stage but if he/she seems to be looking for more then offer her another, worst thing that can happen is regection and you lose a pinky (im not sure if you should refreeze or not, i no i dont) ive been feeding Nia on fuzzies for about 6 weeks nw and she started looking for more today :( shes so greedy lol

oww and welcome :D

Edited by - n/a on 23/12/2008 16:36:32
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  16:59:31  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
I there much of a belly lump?Corns are greedy sods and will probly eat it if the first went down quickly,like daman said youll only lose a pinky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  17:24:24  Show Profile
Yeah he is around 13 inches long,just had second shred with me.He eats one pinky really quick with small belly lump.Thanks guys i think i`ll try two pinkies on sunday them maybe a fuzzy.
Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  17:45:16  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
try giving him 2 pinkies for a few feeds then progress ont a fuzzie, less strain on his tummy then, hope this helps, scott.

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  18:52:41  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Mine had her first fuzzie tonight after 4 feeds of 2 pinkys,took a vid of it and will upload it later for all to see

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  20:51:22  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
when your snake's regularly on 2 pinkies it's probably time to move up to a fuzzy.
as for refreezing, if the mouse hasn't been out a long time then i do, i've had no ill effects and i've been doing that for years with various snakes

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  20:59:42  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
lol. It's not fair. I missed out on all the little tiny weeny rats. Matilda is on small rats and possibly going up to mediums in the not too distant. That's if I can get her to stop trying to eat my hand and keep still long enough to measure her width .

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2008 :  12:36:19  Show Profile
thanks for the advise,best go get some more pinkies.lol.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000