They grow quickly, don't they.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  00:09:44  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Most of you have seen piccys of my ducks, i got them on the 20th November at the tender age of 1 day old.
They are now 4 weeks.

Here's a piccy again of 'Orange' when she was a day old:

And this is her now, at 4 weeks:

Got a little bit bigger now. It's nearly christmas......

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  09:41:38  Show Profile
Now now, don't go eating him lol.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  09:50:58  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
CHRISTMAS DINNER!!!

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  11:05:16  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
jesus they get big quick

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  11:34:22  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

jesus they get big quick

I've got 4 of them living in my conservatory at the moment!!

They've just started learning to quack as well.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  11:34:34  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I'm bringing the paxo

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  11:49:28  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
mmm looks like it will cook up good

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  12:58:11  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

jesus they get big quick

I've got 4 of them living in my conservatory at the moment!!

They've just started learning to quack as well.

if they start quacking to much im a dab hand at making plumb sauce

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  14:30:00  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
tell me when and where this duck feast is happening and ill be there

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  16:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I've already been asked several times when we're gonna eat them.
I do respond by saying "sunday" most of the time, but i don't think i will.

Because i got them as pets makes it difficult to eat them.
But I'm still looking forwards to having far to many duck eggs.
They'll lay about 300-350 eggs a year, so roughly 6 a week, per duck.
So we'll have about 24 duck eggs a week to go through.
I have the feeling i'm gonna get sick of duck eggs. I know i'll be able to sell them for about a fiver a dozen, so i'll get some pennies back from them as well.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  18:06:46  Show Profile
They grow very fast! Has it pooed on your shoulder yet?

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  20:09:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I'd be a liar if i said i hadn't been poo'd on yet.
I have worked it out though, if i sit and watch them for 10 mins, and after they've poo'd, i can have them out on my lap for about 10-15 mins safely before they go back in.

This has been noticed now, others have asked how come they don't go on me but do on others. I haven't yet told anyone my secret.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  20:10:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
awww they're so sweet! the farm where i used to keep the horses had ducks, stupid ducks at that! hatching ducklings in the middle of January to freeze to death and wandering across the road causing accidents (when they had 10 acres to explore if they'd head off in the opposite direction!)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  20:47:18  Show Profile
haha your going too be crazy duck man soon when you dont have the heart too take there eggs off them ;)
funny i came across this im moving too a canal boat soon and was thinking of a duck :)
hmmm i may get one, any tips on bringing them up would be great
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  23:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Get them from as young as possible.
I wanted to get mine when they had pipped, but not quite hatched but couldn't get there in time.
The downside of doing that is you don't know what you're getting. If you get them from day olds, like I did, then a proper breeder will be able to sex them for you. I have 4 females, they came from a duck farm.

Provided you have them from as early age as possible, they'll imprint on you and return to you all the time.
Unless they are of a breed that can fly, in which case, bye bye ducks.
Mine enjoy being spoken to, and when i lie on the floor with my eyes at the same level, they'll twitter to me for ages. Then look at me as if to say 'What on earth are you doing lying on the floor'.
They know what weetabix are, they get really excited when that little yellow box comes out. They also LOVE sliced ham and chicken.
I'd recommend Cherry Valleys (mine are these), or Aylesburys. They're all daft as hell and really easy to care for.
Either that or because you're going to a canal boat, a goose. They are the best guard-animals you can get.

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  01:29:16  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
quote:
This has been noticed now, others have asked how come they don't go on me but do on others. I haven't yet told anyone my secret.

what do you do wisper "crispy aromatic duck" in there ears

1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  15:35:24  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

what do you do wisper "crispy aromatic duck" in there ears

NO...he whispers 'orange sauce'... lol

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  16:20:10  Show Profile
quote:

Get them from as young as possible.
I wanted to get mine when they had pipped, but not quite hatched but couldn't get there in time.
The downside of doing that is you don't know what you're getting. If you get them from day olds, like I did, then a proper breeder will be able to sex them for you. I have 4 females, they came from a duck farm.

Provided you have them from as early age as possible, they'll imprint on you and return to you all the time.
Unless they are of a breed that can fly, in which case, bye bye ducks.
Mine enjoy being spoken to, and when i lie on the floor with my eyes at the same level, they'll twitter to me for ages. Then look at me as if to say 'What on earth are you doing lying on the floor'.
They know what weetabix are, they get really excited when that little yellow box comes out. They also LOVE sliced ham and chicken.
I'd recommend Cherry Valleys (mine are these), or Aylesburys. They're all daft as hell and really easy to care for.
Either that or because you're going to a canal boat, a goose. They are the best guard-animals you can get.

does some googling on geese and ducks......

im loving the aylesburys theyre stunning, ok do they prefere big groups? just thinking practicalities lol
were looking ideally at 1-2 jamima (so not my idea) and moses...
haha but both female, any idea on breeders around the UK north wales general area?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000