New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

113 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  16:33:04  Show Profile
I need everyones expert advice!!
I recently put cornflake in a new, bigger viv which he seems to love. But that now means I have the old viv with no one living in it, which just doesn't seem right.
Its an Exo Terra viv and I think its 18 inches x 18 inches.
Has anyone got any suggestions of what I could put in it. I preferably want something that will not outgrow the viv and is cheap and easy to look after.
All suggestions are welcome!!!!

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  16:36:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Paul

But that now means I have the old viv with no one living in it, which just doesn't seem right.

Good attitude I see your craving more reps

I cant think of anything off the top of my head

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  17:02:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Probably a Hoggy.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  19:32:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Frogs, scorps and some breeds of turtle.
From recollection musks only grow to about 2 inches, although i'm probably wrong.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  21:51:49  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
hehe how about a tarantula chilean rose's are quite small and they are somewhat friendly

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  21:59:43  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
a leo could live nicley in there?

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  23:00:19  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Why don't we make it easy, just get another snake to put in there, for now, because then when it needs a bigger home you'll have thought of something else to go in there.
You win both ways then, another snake AND something else!!!

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 16/11/2008 23:00:44
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

51 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  23:19:59  Show Profile
we have a toadie thats a fab little pet! Great fun and such a character!

Baby gordon not george (carolina cornsnake)
Stumpy (bearded dragon)
Max and twinkles (cats)Thomas (toad)
Texas (Texas rat snake)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

113 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  23:45:30  Show Profile
Ruddy 'ell!! I just realised the viv is actually 12 inch by 12 inch (oops)....
But keep the suggestions coming. I'm quite liking the tarantula idea...or the leo....or the snake.....damn you people!!! hahaha
Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  11:12:26  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Id get a leo! im in the same predicament but abit strapped for cash so cant get one

Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  12:00:07  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address
Whites tree frogs are good starter amphibian and a Exo Terra is ideal because of the height, any amphibians will do well in there but whites are a good starter. I have two square marked toads these are great starters as well, although they prefer more land space. They're great pets but then again I'm a little bias!

I'm after a pacman frog or whites tree frogs next, Although I would love a pair of tiger salamanders. amphibians are the way forward for me at the moment as I've made a pact with Kaz... "no more snakes" can't see us lasting long, wait until the next doncaster show and I'll probably come home with a milk snake

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  14:13:43  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Lewy

I'm after a pacman frog or whites tree frogs next...

So do you want to know that a shop up the road from me has both of these in for 20 quid each.

Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  15:23:48  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address
I'm waiting until after Christmas - That sounds cheap. They are selling them both CB on pollywog so when I decide which I want (first) I'll probably get them from there. I'm a member on their forum and Andrew the fella that owns the company really knows his stuff. Hence the fact I've put a big pollywog link on the links page of the amphibian.

I know his stock will be the best I can get my hands on If I was closer to you I would go and have a look though!

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  17:34:35  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
I like Lewys suggestions for the Whites Tree Frogs.
If i was to get an amphibian, i would definatly get a mossy frog, they are soooo amazing!!!!

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000