Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  00:20:11  Show Profile

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  00:25:04  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
lovely looking carolina/normal you got there, looks to be enjoying his food.

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  00:25:37  Show Profile
wasn't sure how 2 edit this post so ill hav 2 post the rest separately!

Edited by - lozy89 on 05/11/2008 00:26:58
Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  00:28:45  Show Profile

it took him ages 2 eat it lol! didn't think he was goin 2 b able 2 do it coz he looked like he was stuggling :( lol... but he did :)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  00:30:03  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
looks well happy, perched on his plant with his full tummy

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  00:34:30  Show Profile
hehe :) he loves it up there :)

i hope he doesnt get too cold up there though! get worried that he wont go down onto the heat mat 2 warm up... i know he does though, i have seen him... but still lol. I hope he isnt a silly snake and forgets haha
x

Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  00:43:55  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by lozy89

it took him ages 2 eat it lol! didn't think he was goin 2 b able 2 do it coz he looked like he was stuggling :( lol... but he did :)

xxx

you'd be quite amazed at how much they can fit in, my grown on caramel is now on fuzzies and that's fun to watch. lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

196 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  04:01:00  Show Profile
He is so cute! Looks well fed too.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  06:40:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
He's soo tiny

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  07:37:02  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Cracking pics of a lovely snake, well done.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  20:49:47  Show Profile
Always good to see a snakie eating .
Just one thing i would try and give him a slightly smaller pinky if possable. the one he ate looks to be a bit large. If too big it COULD regurge.
One other thing does he have a kink in his spine??

52 corns,5 sinaloans,2 florida kings, 2 cali kings, 2 royal pythons,
3 blood pythons, 3 mexican hoggies, 3 western hoggies, 3 baja rosy boas, 2 mexican rosy boas.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  21:00:20  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
there's definitely something going on there paul.c............... it's not a bulge from a previously fed meal not properly digested is it? although it does look a more dorsal lump rather than a ventral one.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  22:01:26  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
In the first pic about half-way down the back?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  11:39:51  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Awesome pictures lozy, looks like you've got a good camera aswell

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  13:48:19  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

In the first pic about half-way down the back?

yeah 1st pic, halfway down the loop of body, to the bottom of the picture.....

sorry lozy, not meaning to pick on you
if there IS a kink there are plenty of kinky corns living 'normal' lives, it's best not to use them for breeding though as you don't know if any defect is congenital or acquired.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

157 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  11:51:11  Show Profile
can this cause an problems with the snakes health?
lozy89 is the OH, shes bin meaning to come on and ask but hasnt had the chance so im doing it while shes in college lol
Daman

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  14:24:18  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
if there IS a kink there it would probably be best getting it checked out by a vet, but if the vet OK's it and it's pooping, eating, moving and growing ok then there's no reason it can't lead a normal life but like i said above it's best not to use it for breeding.

Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  16:00:50  Show Profile
how will i know if he is in pain? ive read a few posts on the internet and they say many dont make it to adulthood with a kink. i dont want to take him back but if he is in pain i think its the best thing to do. also there are around 5 bumps if you look closly, around 8 or 9inches and 4 months old

when i have him out he seems happy moving about, however every minute or so he stops for around 30 seconds without moving, almost as if 2 take a break?

hes eating fine but had the bump from the pinkie for around 4 days before her pooped it out in a warm bath.
dont know what else to put, so please tell me onastly what u think :D :(

thanks Lauren x

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  18:11:47  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
TBH it's very difficult to tell if they have low grade (chronic) pain, but symptoms might show as refusing to eat, being distressed when handled and not being able to defecate. yours doesn't sound like he's showing any of those signs but it would still be worth getting checked out by a proper rep/exotic vet.

Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  18:32:19  Show Profile
hey guys...
well i decided 2 take him back 2 the pet shop where i bought him and see what they had 2 say about it... they guy who sold him 2 me (also breeds corns) said he hadn't seen this condition before so we had 2 wait 4 the manager 2 come bak...

while we was waiting we had a look at the other baby corns... there were 2 batches (1 that the pet shop man breeds and 1 they bought) mine happend 2 b form the batch they bought in...and when we was lookin at the other babies... there was a dead 1 in its container :( which didnt make takin my corn snake bak any easier!

the pet shop man sed that Hocus Pocus' back looked pretty bad and that he may not have long 2 live :( so he said he would keep him and look after him and c if he will survive, and that he will give me a baby corn snake from the batch that he bred. i did feel really sorry 4 hocus pocus coz i had taken him bak and got given a new snake :( but ive never had a snake before so i new it was better 4 him 2 stay with someone who knows what they are doing. i just hope he keeps his word and they dont put him bak up 4 sale and try and give him 2 somebody else!

But i have a new snake now so i will get some piccies up now
Lauren x

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2008 :  18:43:01  Show Profile
Sorry that you had to give him back, but its for the best. I hope you enjoy your new snake, has it got a name yet?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000