Trying To Escape
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  21:15:04  Show Profile
Since I got Slim, he sometimes tries to make a dash for it when I pick him up, and when I have him out, he's always trying to escape me, down the back of the computer desk, onto the floor, or just away from me in general. Is this normal?

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  21:20:45  Show Profile
very normal...

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  21:28:19  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
my baby does the same haha

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  21:42:17  Show Profile
Just checking, didn't think he liked me lol.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  21:49:39  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message
My Chyna does it but she has calmed down a lot after about 40 sec once she is out she's fine but still quick though.

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  21:50:43  Show Profile
Yeah he chills out once he's been a out a little while, but always makes a dash if I set him down and he can see an escape route lol.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

157 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  13:53:11  Show Profile
how old do corns get before this stops happening?? im guessing it gradually wears off but and approximations?
Daman

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  13:58:27  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
They never seem to get to old to be trying to get away, they just get a lot slower.
But when they're older it's more of a 'What's over here then' thing than anything else, they're just nosy.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  18:27:23  Show Profile
You know Mulv, I'm really glad you started this post... my daughter keeps telling me that she thinks Tango is getting stressed cos he's always so active when we handle him, but to me, he just seems as though he's being nosey.

Also, can I just ask, he sometimes seems to grip more than other times, or after we've been handling him for about 10 to 15 mins or so... may this be because he's getting stressed and wanting to go back into his viv, or is it as I feel may be the case, he's moving quicker the longer he is out and wanting to get down off us and explore (which I will not let him do, as we have too many nooks and crannies in our house, not to mention potential escape routes)!

Once we put him back into his viv, he is almost continually trying to find a way out again for some considerable time.

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  19:08:15  Show Profile
Yeah sounds similar, especially the nooks and crannies bit lol.

I hope he does get slower when he gets older because hes damn fast at the moment lol!

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  19:45:40  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Jennet

... he sometimes seems to grip more than other times, or after we've been handling him for about 10 to 15 mins or so...

as long as he's not violently thrashing around just make sure his weight is fully supported at all times, it could be that he's feeling a bit cold (particularly if the room is cold and you got him out of the warm hide) or he could just be trying to get somewhere specific that he can't get to don't think it's anything to worry about though

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  14:59:43  Show Profile
Mine seems to grip more when I'm 'gripping' him (obviously lightly) because he knows I'm holding him, when I let him just slide freely he loosens a bit.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000