please help
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  17:54:13  Show Profile
hi guys im new to snake keeping i have a corn snake (snow) he is about 15 months old he has been very well and healthy but for some reason he wont eat and hasnt done for about 5 weeks is this normal for this time of year uk or does he need to go to the vets he seems well enough in himself thanx for reading ....simeon

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  21:10:40  Show Profile
hi and welcome it could be the time of year but hes abit young really to be going of his food for breeding, most of my males will still fed during this time of year. has he ever fed for you? how big is his viv? how big is he? what are his temps? does he have a warm and cold end? with plenty for hiding places? when did he last shed?
snakes can go along time without food but how long i leave them with out starting to worrie really dedends on size and overall health you might want to start weighing him so you can monitor weight loss. have you tried warming his pray item.

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  08:00:47  Show Profile
evrything is ok with viv and heat etc etc he ate just before he shed last time then hasnt eaten till now that was a month ago he only shed again 2 days ago so maybe ill try him in a couple of days what do you think ?
thanx for the quick reply
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  21:08:37  Show Profile
if he eat after he last shed and has just shed again now i would try and feed as soon as you get the chance i had a femal last year that went through a mad sheding phase i was lucky to feed her once a month for about 3/4 months

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  07:48:45  Show Profile
great thanx ill try again today and let you know thanx for the help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: