Mouse Kills snake.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  02:20:58  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Anyone seen this?:
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3041502.html

Hmm, they were either so thick they didn't realise that the mouse was to big for the snake or.....

I personally think they done it for entertainment because they seem to have had a camera at the ready.

I don't see anything wrong with live feeding either way, but doing it for entertainment is WRONG. And that is what it looks and sounds like.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 09/10/2008 02:21:42

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  06:52:48  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
'Perhaps it was a novice predator'

Unbelievable

PS. I'm no expert on them, but does that look like a Viper to anyone?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  10:32:43  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Anyone can see that mouse is FAR too big for the snake. Sometimes I wonder how stupid people can be e.e

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  14:24:34  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
I agree with Ell, what idiot would feed a snake that size a mouse that big! Also doesnt really look like a viper to me

Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  15:43:48  Show Profile
Obviously they had no idea what they were doing.

I agree it was done for entertainment value as people who catch wild snakes in the far east will either kill them or release them outide but not give them mice to feed.

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

471 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  19:15:10  Show Profile
Looks like a Burmese or a Taipan.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  20:28:24  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I agree with you Kehhlyr- it's the half hour battle thing!

Surely any onlooker with the snakes welfare in mind would have intervened and not just watched it happen for 30 minutes

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  20:57:04  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
that's just awful if it was in the UK then it WOULD be breaking the law re. live feeding............ exactly for one of the reasons that the law exists.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2008 :  23:35:16  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
thats not a burm or a taipan, the way the snake has got its mouth open is more defencive than a striking bite that a viper would deliver, looks like a rat snake to me

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  18:07:56  Show Profile
This was in the daily mail today. They made the snake sound evil and the mouse heroic. What a joke. I have the article folded up in my pocket. "tore at the serpent's head with its tiny paws and jaws" -- "the outcome amazed firemen in Nantou, Tiawan who !*!*!RESUCED!*!*! the foot long snake" -- "the snake might have used up all its venom trying to bite them when they caught it" -- "*info on vipers* They can fall prey to large birds, wild boars, mongooses, raccoons, foxes, coyotes, other snakes...and apparently mice" Another point for the hobby? ****s

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000