skittles is a freak with bulgy eyes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  23:12:22  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address
Fed Skittles quite a big fluff today. Think it was a bit too big for him as he tried to eat it once then just left it. Second time he took it but struggled and half way through he wrapped himself around it ( dont think he was constricting though ) so i grabbed the camera and took a few pics. Then my wee sister pointed out that his eyes had gone bulgy and we thought they were going to pop out or something stupid. So in conclusion he is a bulgy eyed freak... and i dont think i should feed him such a big fluff again as it makes his eyes pop out abd he struggles with it. Can snakes die if what they eat is too big? Because one on youtube ate a crocodile and died and the fluff skittles ate looked really bigger than usaual and he couldnt move after eating it because it was so big in him.

Thats his bulgy eyes

1.0.0 Snow Corn: Skittles
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Edd
1.0.0 Dog: Oscar
0.0.1 African Mantis: Mildred

n/a
deleted

121 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  00:26:57  Show Profile
wow, can't guage size to well but that looks huge for him haha!

oh and hello to another Canon user

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  04:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by PeteH

wow, can't guage size to well but that looks huge for him

Good piccys.
As per post above me, food looks big for him. Is this his first outing onto what looks like smalls?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  08:41:16  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
nice pics, if he eat that and keeps it down, should be fine

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:17:13  Show Profile
i was under the impression that if the food is to big then the snake would leave it.

seen a snake split its sides on tv eating a antelope(or something like that), they said they would soon heal and the snake wouldnt have to eat for another year. very impressive.

as for the crocodile thingy, i heard that the croc was already dead, and the snake ate it and the the decomposing croc's gases caused the snake to explode/ burst.

Edited by - dazb on 07/09/2008 09:18:20
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:36:47  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Looks ok to me, I don't think he'll have any problems with it.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  11:19:48  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address
oh thats ok. and PeteH canons are the best and Nikon cameras arepoop I hope you agree lol. Well thats o.k as long as he will be o.k. I think the pet shop owner was being generous because i had been for fluffs 3 times before and he didnt have any.

1.0.0 Snow Corn: Skittles
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Edd
1.0.0 Dog: Oscar
0.0.1 African Mantis: Mildred
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  20:02:36  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Thats a very determined snake lol.
I watched a documentary that said the anaconda that had eaten the crocodile was attacked by another crocodile.

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000