Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:03:59  Show Profile
First post here...

I havee a 1year old corn and I have laced into a Viv with my friends 6/7 year old 6ft corn snake.

A few weeks back we noticed something in the tank. We have just came to relise that there is about 8-10 and they look like eggs.

However they muust have been in the viv for the past 2-3 weeks and they are kind of yellow colour I believe now?

Can anyone give any advice on this? |Also is it possible for these to differnet age/size corns to breed?

Thanks
Liam

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:10:54  Show Profile
Do you know which snake is the female and which is the male? Its possible for them to breed but the older one must have been the female because the smaller one would have either been able to breed (if female), or not able to pass the eggs.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:10:54  Show Profile
Do you know which snake is the female and which is the male? Its possible for them to breed but the older one must have been the female because the smaller one would have either been able to breed (if female), or not able to pass the eggs.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:14:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Hi Liam, yes it is possible. How often do you go in the viv if you've only just noticed them?

Suggest you get them in an incubator asap if you want to hatch them and check you snake carefully to make sure there aren't any eggs left in her.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:14:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Hi Liam, yes it is possible. How often do you go in the viv if you've only just noticed them?

Suggest you get them in an incubator asap if you want to hatch them and check you snake carefully to make sure there aren't any eggs left in her.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Any chance of a pic?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Any chance of a pic?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:19:30  Show Profile
Thanks guys.

I believe my friend (the bigger snake) is the female. Mines is just over a year old.

I will try and get a pic but the snakes are at my Friends house due to my gf orders after the last time it escaped for seven months then turned up in my bathroom floor!.

Any ideas or advive on how to make an incubator?.

Like a said, a book he read said the eggs should be pure white, and these are yellowish. Is there a chance they are dead?

I will get nmy friend to check his snake, how do you tell?

The thing is the eggs are lying all round the viv. I seen one and there was only at the time and it was shaped really wierd. It was shaped like a chucky (a large stone)

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:19:30  Show Profile
Thanks guys.

I believe my friend (the bigger snake) is the female. Mines is just over a year old.

I will try and get a pic but the snakes are at my Friends house due to my gf orders after the last time it escaped for seven months then turned up in my bathroom floor!.

Any ideas or advive on how to make an incubator?.

Like a said, a book he read said the eggs should be pure white, and these are yellowish. Is there a chance they are dead?

I will get nmy friend to check his snake, how do you tell?

The thing is the eggs are lying all round the viv. I seen one and there was only at the time and it was shaped really wierd. It was shaped like a chucky (a large stone)

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:26:49  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Eggs do vary in colour, but a photo of them may be useful.

You can tell if they're fertile by candelling them (turn the lights off and shine a bright torch through them - there should be veins visible if fertile).

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:26:49  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Eggs do vary in colour, but a photo of them may be useful.

You can tell if they're fertile by candelling them (turn the lights off and shine a bright torch through them - there should be veins visible if fertile).

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:52:17  Show Profile
Soz, i cant get a pic tonight...possibly tomorrow.

They are aprox 1"x1.5" in size. There are veins and they is dimples and that on them...ay more advice?

Can you not just leave eggs in the viv to hatch? Also how long does it take it hatch after they have been laid? As my firend thinks they are going to hatch soon.

Like I said, he is saying there not shhpaed like eggs?

Thanks
L
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:52:17  Show Profile
Soz, i cant get a pic tonight...possibly tomorrow.

They are aprox 1"x1.5" in size. There are veins and they is dimples and that on them...ay more advice?

Can you not just leave eggs in the viv to hatch? Also how long does it take it hatch after they have been laid? As my firend thinks they are going to hatch soon.

Like I said, he is saying there not shhpaed like eggs?

Thanks
L
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:58:04  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
The length of time is dependant on the temperature, but around 2 months to 10 weeks. You can leave them in the viv, but have a much higher survival rate in an incubator.

Saddleninja on here is the man to ask really. Hopefully he'll be on soon.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  21:58:04  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
The length of time is dependant on the temperature, but around 2 months to 10 weeks. You can leave them in the viv, but have a much higher survival rate in an incubator.

Saddleninja on here is the man to ask really. Hopefully he'll be on soon.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  22:00:07  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  22:00:07  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  22:03:43  Show Profile
there is also 2 or three than this...just not on the pic

Edited by - n/a on 02/09/2008 22:04:05
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  22:03:43  Show Profile
there is also 2 or three than this...just not on the pic

Edited by - n/a on 02/09/2008 22:04:05
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  22:10:07  Show Profile
They do look like they are/ were eggs.. not an expert though.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  22:10:07  Show Profile
They do look like they are/ were eggs.. not an expert though.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000