New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  20:38:23  Show Profile
Meet Zavvi, she is 1 and half years old, 500grms. I will feed her in a weeks time on a small rat (or not as the case may be )

She is curently in a RUB on newspapper with a rock, a shell, a decent sized water bowl and 1 hide which she moves to suit herself. The hide given to me is to small so shes never in the hide, the hide is on her, its totaly off the ground so shes soon ging to get the best tupperware bowl that i can drill a hole in!

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  20:49:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Aww, lovely gold markings

Hello Zavvi.xx

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  20:49:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Aww, lovely gold markings

Hello Zavvi.xx

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  20:52:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
great colouring, I'm not up on royal morphs but does she look more gold/pastel?

she looks lovely matty, good choice and hope she feeds for you x

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  20:52:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
great colouring, I'm not up on royal morphs but does she look more gold/pastel?

she looks lovely matty, good choice and hope she feeds for you x

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  23:24:59  Show Profile
welcome to the royal family.....

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  23:24:59  Show Profile
welcome to the royal family.....

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  11:07:00  Show Profile
She's gorgeous and has such lovely markings i bet your well pleased with her

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  11:07:00  Show Profile
She's gorgeous and has such lovely markings i bet your well pleased with her

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  12:26:22  Show Profile
Thanks for the comments guys but i need some advise. She only likes the hide shes always had, i have put a cereal box in with her but she stays in the small hide wether its on the hot or the cold side. I want her to use both hides so she has one cold one and one hot one but she oviously prefers one over the other. So, should i use two cereal boxes so she cant be biased towards one (but this could stress her out and stop her feeding), or do i leave both hides in and hope she eventualy decides to use both, or finaly, do i just leave her one hide in that she seems to move to the place that she wants it? Decisions decisions....

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  12:26:22  Show Profile
Thanks for the comments guys but i need some advise. She only likes the hide shes always had, i have put a cereal box in with her but she stays in the small hide wether its on the hot or the cold side. I want her to use both hides so she has one cold one and one hot one but she oviously prefers one over the other. So, should i use two cereal boxes so she cant be biased towards one (but this could stress her out and stop her feeding), or do i leave both hides in and hope she eventualy decides to use both, or finaly, do i just leave her one hide in that she seems to move to the place that she wants it? Decisions decisions....

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  12:37:35  Show Profile
i'd leave her original hide and a ceral box so she has a choice, i think eventually she'll get used to the new hides and be fine, then once she starts using the cereal box, you could take out the hide thats too small and replace it with another cereal box

Edited by - n/a on 01/09/2008 12:40:37
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  12:37:35  Show Profile
i'd leave her original hide and a ceral box so she has a choice, i think eventually she'll get used to the new hides and be fine, then once she starts using the cereal box, you could take out the hide thats too small and replace it with another cereal box

Edited by - n/a on 01/09/2008 12:40:37
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  13:04:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Is her original hide a side entrance?
If it is, than put a cereal box over it, so the entrance to her existing hide is easily found.
Hopefully she'll also then get used to the other hide as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  13:04:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Is her original hide a side entrance?
If it is, than put a cereal box over it, so the entrance to her existing hide is easily found.
Hopefully she'll also then get used to the other hide as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  18:03:51  Show Profile
mine loves the cork bark and wont go in her plant pot hide that is on the warm side which she used to never come out of.

i just leave her be....she has got the option of either and she goes where she wants to go.

all i do is wen i put my royal back i put her in towards the plant pot which she goes into then comes out of in her own time so at least i know she knows where it is..

chester is the same he loves his cork bark and preferes it wether it is on the hot or cold side.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  18:03:51  Show Profile
mine loves the cork bark and wont go in her plant pot hide that is on the warm side which she used to never come out of.

i just leave her be....she has got the option of either and she goes where she wants to go.

all i do is wen i put my royal back i put her in towards the plant pot which she goes into then comes out of in her own time so at least i know she knows where it is..

chester is the same he loves his cork bark and preferes it wether it is on the hot or cold side.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  18:37:35  Show Profile
Thanks for the advise guys. When i put her back in i showed her the hide so she knows its there.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  18:37:35  Show Profile
Thanks for the advise guys. When i put her back in i showed her the hide so she knows its there.

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  19:49:40  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
leave the old one and get another about the same size

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  19:49:40  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
leave the old one and get another about the same size

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page