The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Oldest Male Mating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simonw Posted - 26/05/2010 : 13:40:46
What is the oldest male anyone (breeders only please) has successfully bred with?

It's a loaded question as I have put a male and female together a while ago, when they mated 5 times; I witnessed them all as they were separated after.

She does not appear to be gravid (3 years old) and is off her food and losing weight. She displays no symptoms of anything healthwise.

He is 11 years old. I just wondered is he was 'past it' although he was very eager (rapist) and is still eager whenever they are near each other. He's off his food still :( and has lost 6% of his weight.

Any thoughts?
Simon
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KITTYCAT Posted - 27/05/2010 : 06:48:31
I cant remeber where i read it but yes she she can retain his offering for several months but as mikerichards said it might have been the wrong time
mikerichards Posted - 26/05/2010 : 16:10:08
If hes never done it before then it can not always go the way you expect.
Timing wise, unless the female is ovulating, then he will be no use, its getting towards the end of the season now, and depending on when they were hibernated, or if they were hibernated, then she might have passed the season.
simonw Posted - 26/05/2010 : 15:46:55
Thanks for replying.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. This is first time he has been with a female in his life.

By timing do you mean with respect to the female? And if so, will she retain until she uses his 'offering'? Or can she just eject it?

Simon
mikerichards Posted - 26/05/2010 : 14:25:50
11 is a bit old, but not because of fertility issues, mainly depending on how many times he has been 'used', i doubt he was firing blanks, its most likely an issue of timing.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000