The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 genetics question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/05/2010 : 13:35:53
Ok so my normal corns mother was a dayglow and its father a normal does that mean if and when i breed her with say another normal theres a chance some*but obviusley not all the time* of the offspring could be dayglows?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gmac Posted - 20/05/2010 : 20:07:16
Amels lack the black pigment whereas the Sunkissed the black pigment is reduced, so they are not similar.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/05/2010 : 19:40:42
I think its another name for a sunglow, which is a selectively bred amel that shows little to no white.

Not completely sure though.
Dan-sunkist Posted - 20/05/2010 : 18:57:54
whats a dayglow not sure i have seen one of them,are they anything like a sunkist?
n/a Posted - 20/05/2010 : 18:05:49
thanks guys has helped clear thiongs up for me :)
Blackecho Posted - 20/05/2010 : 15:53:32
Any gene that is recessive (99% of Corn morph genes) will need both parents to carry it in order to have a chance of seeing it in the offspring.
gmac Posted - 20/05/2010 : 15:11:42
meant to add it can be bred wih any other morph with the amel gene to give you normals and amel offspring
n/a Posted - 20/05/2010 : 14:39:15
ahhhh kk thanks :D i get it now lol genetics is confusing me lol i just cant get my head around it
gmac Posted - 20/05/2010 : 13:50:10
Dayglows are in effect amels, although selectively bred, so if you breed your normal with another normal you would get all normal offspring.

you would have to breed your normal, which will be het for amel, with another normal het for amel and you would get a few amels from that clutch, but probably no dayglow's.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000