The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 have they mated

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/05/2010 : 20:44:34
my corn snakes have been doin the jerkin thing but i have never seen them mate but i have just found thick blob of white stuff with a bit of yellow and 3 balls of black stuff but they have never had a poo like tht befor one is 5 foot long and thick and my other one is 3 ft and half the thickness of the other one
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 14/05/2010 : 12:00:47
Don't worry Kellogg, the voice of reason is always appreciated in threads of this kind
Kellog Posted - 13/05/2010 : 05:21:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

<snip>somethingy somethingy, somethingy about text talk. <end snip>

It was in hand, thank you.

I do realise it was in hand Kehhlyr but had been following this thread and felt it needed a balanced view from someone who hadnt already been involved, pointing out the need for respect from both parties, both from the OP and to the OP.

I am sorry if I overstepped the mark but what I was hoping to achieve is what Blackecho speaks about in his comment, that he would react with a 'more calm disposition'....having been responded to in a way that showed his behaviour was unacceptable and that was why he was getting the response he way getting - but that all that was important was his snakes. What I didnt want was him being banned or leaving the forum in a huff cos of the way he felt he had been treated (and note that I put 'felt he had been treated' not 'the way he had been treated')....at the end of the day it is his snakes that will suffer.

Again, apologies for speaking out of turn....I was purely trying to be a voice of reason.

xxx
Blackecho Posted - 12/05/2010 : 22:16:50
He only has a 3 day ban, so should he choose to, with a more calm disposition, you should see him back soon.
mikerichards Posted - 12/05/2010 : 19:48:06
He can still look through the posts in the breeding section, the forum is still open to him, he just cant post.
The information is there, everything is there, a lot of it is recent also.
Hopefully when he is back we can help him a bit more.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 12/05/2010 : 18:38:10
quote:
Originally posted by shortyireland

some people unfortunately are too stubborn. but its the snakes will suffer for the stubbornness

In this case it certainly is.
Especially considering he had so many questions about breeding etc.
n/a Posted - 12/05/2010 : 18:23:45
some people unfortunately are too stubborn. but its the snakes will suffer for the stubbornness
Sta~ple Posted - 12/05/2010 : 18:12:35
Yes but he's that silly no matter what people tell him he won't listen I'm afraid. I do feel very sorry for them though... I hope they will be ok.
n/a Posted - 12/05/2010 : 11:27:12
oh those poor snakes :S
DannyBrown91 Posted - 12/05/2010 : 11:12:56
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by paul fryett

and who are u tlkin dwn to get a grip and go plug ya duck ha ha ha ha

You were warned.

Banned!

There is jsut no reasoning with some people
Kehhlyr Posted - 12/05/2010 : 11:10:57
quote:

You were warned.

Banned!

Kehhlyr Posted - 12/05/2010 : 09:31:16
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

<snip>somethingy somethingy, somethingy about text talk. <end snip>

It was in hand, thank you.
Kellog Posted - 12/05/2010 : 05:17:38
Paul, I am sorry you have felt insulted by our requests for you to use better language when you type...but the point has been made time and time again (sometimes politely and sometimes more bluntly) that it is difficult for most of us to read what you are writing and if we cant read it then we cant be of any help to you. I do text and use text-speak when I am texting, but even I am struggling with much of what you say.

Your whole attitude seems to be one of anger to a forum that is purely trying to help you and your snake. No, we dont know anything about you and we dont judge anyone on how they write....we just ask that you make the effort to write in a way that makes it easier for us to read....and that you respect our efforts to help you, which you have shown no sign of doing - despite Danny being as helpful as he has been and Mike apologising for the way he spoke and trying to give you good advice.

We want to help, but find it hard to do so with the way you write and with your defensive attitude....so please let us help and try to be friendly to us - remember that you dont know anything about us either and we are here to get help and to help others, like yourself.

xxx
n/a Posted - 12/05/2010 : 02:41:29
n/a Posted - 12/05/2010 : 02:24:15
yeh i do there pigeons why u want sum like
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/05/2010 : 23:24:47
quote:

nor if ya look hes the 1 who thinks hes big man tlkin to me like am some **** of his shoe a dnt take litly to been tlked dwn to

I KNOW you are aware what "feather feet tumbelers" are.

I'm also aware that you have the ability to try to add a few more vowels and consonants into your posts.

The TOTAL AND UTTER DISRESPECT that you have for this forum is evident already.
It's not hard to be polite.
mikerichards Posted - 11/05/2010 : 22:29:56
Ok, i will apologise, i wasn't intentionally trying to talk down to you, i was trying to answer your question.
I will also apologise for the way i said things, i wont apologise for what i said though, text speak is so hard to understand it makes everyone elses life so much more difficult.

Back to topic, in theory, yes he is ok with the corn, just not all year round, be it a corn or any other type of rat snake, they are all the same, all they want is to get laid, and they harrass the female until they do, which in turn stresses her out so she doesnt eat properly.
Keeping them separate is a must really, same sex together is not so much of an issue, i do that myself so i cant really comment on it too much.
Keeping male a female together is something that i totally avoid for these reasons.

Incubation wise, incubate them as normal corn eggs, they arent any different. Might be worth keeping 2 of the babies back and breeding them together, that will give you essentially an albino grey x corn, could be interesting.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/05/2010 : 22:18:01
If there is a chance they have bred then ideally you should seperate them anyway as the female could become stressed. I don't think there is any dangers from them having bred you would incubate the eggs the same and if they hatched you would get Hybrids, Im not sure of the name but i think there is a name for corn x grey rat hybrids.
n/a Posted - 11/05/2010 : 22:13:03
oky but wht if they have breeded ???
DannyBrown91 Posted - 11/05/2010 : 22:11:30
quote:

its a gray rat snake ?? so is it ok with my corn ???

I don't know to be honest mate. I would personally seperate them.
n/a Posted - 11/05/2010 : 22:05:31
its a gray rat snake ?? so is it ok with my corn ???

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000