The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Another incubator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/04/2010 : 14:25:37
I use an old beer cooler that i got from a friends restaurant when he closed down :) I took out most of the shelves, the cooler pump and the lighting (i tried keeping that in there, but it generated too much heat), then i drilled a hole in the back for the heating cable and put a plastic tub with water on it.
Humidity is very close to 100 all the time, but i open the door about 1 cm for i hour each day to let some fresh air in and after that it has usually dropped to about 70% but gets back up really fast.
Using a stat to keep the temp at exactly 27 degrees celsius.

/M
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/04/2010 : 20:52:42
Yeah, i can get 24 of the old candy-boxes i use for incubation in there :)

The cable makes the water in the plastic tub warm and that gives heat to the whole space. Next year im building a taller incubator (same model of cooler, just taller) that can take 48 boxes, and i think i need to use some kind of fan to get an even circulation of the warm air for that one... With the setup i have now, its 27 degrees in the top of the incubator and 26,5 - 26,7 in the lower part, so i didnt bother in this one.

With the preassurecables (heat on contact) this setup works too, as the watercontainer (that also gives some nice humidity) is in contact with the cable. Those cables are forbidden here now btw, dont know about the UK.

/M
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2010 : 19:08:54
quote:
Originally posted by Polcher

There are no dumb questions, just bad pictures ;)

There are holes, you just cant see them on the pics as they are right under the lid (and also some boxes has holes in the lids, thats why they are stacked a bit off, so that those holes wont get blocked).

Ah I see now I feel dumb >.<

You know you have more room for even more eggies since your stacking them ;)
I have another really stupid question, do the heat cables make the air warm or is it warm on contact. I keep seeing heat cables everywhere on reptile heating sites and I have no idea how they work lol
Mouse Posted - 30/04/2010 : 17:01:22
nice! with I had the money and space for somethign like that!
n/a Posted - 30/04/2010 : 15:48:59
There are no dumb questions, just bad pictures ;)

There are holes, you just cant see them on the pics as they are right under the lid (and also some boxes has holes in the lids, thats why they are stacked a bit off, so that those holes wont get blocked).
DannyBrown91 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 15:48:13
I can see holes in one of the back boxes but thats a good point. Since they are stacked i would guess the holes are in the sides where you can't see them properly on the pic.
Sta~ple Posted - 30/04/2010 : 15:16:16
That's awesome. Um this might seem like a dumb question but how do the boxes with eggs like get fresh air or the humaditity as there looks like there's no holes.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 30/04/2010 : 14:45:07
Nice. I think Kehhlyr has also converted an old fridge into an incubator.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000