The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Help how long are corns preganant for?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/03/2010 : 19:29:04
Hi all,
I put a post up a while ago about my corn thats pregnant, we found out she was pregnant on 31/01/10 and she had a pre-lay shed on 19/02/10 and its 14/03/10 and still no eggs!
WHATS GOIN ON?

Im starting to get very worried, i can see and feel the eggs, she is very very very full and i think she really should of layed them by now.
How long are corns usually pregnant for?

Im going to get her an appointment at the vets within the next couple of days and see what they say.

What do you guys think?
Madgirl x.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 15/03/2010 : 09:17:55
Generally corns are gravid for about 6 - 7 weeks, they will generally shed approx 7 days before they lay, this is not set in stone at all, i have had one lay straight after, and another lay 2 weeks after, incubation time is temperature dependent, 55 days at approx 28.5 degrees. you can incubate anywhere from 21 degrees to 33, 21 will take ages, over 33 will kill the egg very very quickly.
kdlang Posted - 15/03/2010 : 00:27:41
According to my book the pre-lay shed comes 4-6 weeks after mating then laying is up to 2 weeks after that. By my reconning your snake should be due a pre-lay shed now. Maybe her previous shed was a normal one.

However, i am still a novice so please wait for someone more knowledgable in breeding to come along before doing anything.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/03/2010 : 23:20:13
I read they generally lay around 2 weeks after their pre lay shed, but then how do you know the shed that she had 4 weeks ago was the pre lay?

As for how long they stay gravid for im afraid i can't help.
Azzheasman Posted - 14/03/2010 : 20:32:21
2-3 weeks ive heard is normal spose it depends on each individual snake tho, vets appointment can't hurt maybe try your local rep shop they might be able to help mine was very good when i went and asked as he is also a breeder.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000