The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Is she gravid!?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 19:06:13
Hey

Right, as you know I bred my 2 corns for the first time on the 15th of January, and they mated a total of 4 or 5 times.

Since they have been split up Mushu has been spending a lot of time in her laying box. She shed about a week ago, and the past 4 days has been really active, searching to escape and even climbing all over the branches in her viv.

Her abdomen does look slightly swollen, but not hugely, and when looking at her from above there isn't any obvious swelling. When she runs through my hands she feels odd- but not lumpy.

Please help, I'm really confused and a bit disappointed.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 01/03/2010 : 06:13:52
Ha ha, I did that too! And will probably do it every time! Sounds like just a normal shed, she will prob go blue again in a week or so, but everything sounds very positive. I think you are onto a winner!
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 21:34:49
Tell me about it, I leap out of bed in the morning, rush over, ever so slowly open the lid.....

and nothing.
Twi Posted - 28/02/2010 : 21:03:51
XD you remind me of me when my fist dog was due her litter lol i was hovering around her for weeks.
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 20:56:06
Yeah, thats what I've been wondering- keeping my eyes peeled for her going into shed again.
Twi Posted - 28/02/2010 : 20:54:29
Maybe she was just due a normal shed and thats what the first one was?
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 20:18:29
Got her out earlier, she is definitely alot heavier looking down the bottom half, and when looking at her side on I could kinda see bumps- not big ones though. Maybe the first shed was a practice lol.
mikerichards Posted - 28/02/2010 : 20:01:19
A bite is nothing to worry about, just an incovenience! have a look and see how you go.
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 13:33:11
Thanks very much Mike, I will brave the teeth and get her out for a proper look.
mikerichards Posted - 28/02/2010 : 12:55:13
I dont have any pics am afraid, but what i can say is, if you hold her like you were in the pic you put up, with her tail angled downwards, you should be able to see the eggs sitting in her belly, if you cant, then she prob isnt far enough along, it can be hard to see sometimes though, so look carefully! As the eggs move downwards, you will be able to see them more clearly.
To be honest, if she is still early on, then keep putting her to the male and see what happens, you might still get them locked and it will increase your chances, might help with double clutching too, which as she is a good size, you stand a good chance of, so be ready for that too, usually happens about the time the eggs are hatching.
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 11:32:59
She stopped eating about 3 and a half weeks ago, which is definitely unusual for her as she had never refused feed before.

Do you have any decent pics of gravid corns that would help me to figure it out? I have the new viv all kitted out and ready for her, but I don't want to risk moving her just in case she is gravid, and she is then going to get all stressed and do something silly.
mikerichards Posted - 28/02/2010 : 10:51:58
thats a hard choice! when did she stop eating? keep watching her weight, keep an eye on her bulge, it should start to move towards her tail the further on she is. I think you have a gravid snake, so its worth waiting for a while longer! Its possible that the shed wasnt the pre lay.
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 10:35:58
Still no eggs- when should I admit defeat?

I just can't figure it out- she's off her food, put on weight, VERY grumpy, spends all day in her egg box, but she shed 2 weeks ago and still nothing happening? Advice please.
Twi Posted - 27/02/2010 : 20:30:38
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

quote:
lol my mums like that when i have a dog whos over due, she says to squeeze them out like toothpaste haha

Wow Twi, lucky for you your doctor's won't let you go over your due date

hahaha yeah, i can just see her trying to squeeze me like tube of toothpaste if i was late!
Sammysnake Posted - 27/02/2010 : 20:23:17
quote:
lol my mums like that when i have a dog whos over due, she says to squeeze them out like toothpaste haha

Wow Twi, lucky for you your doctor's won't let you go over your due date
Twi Posted - 27/02/2010 : 17:12:05
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 17:05:08
I don't have any left lol!!

I'm better than my mother, who suggested squeezing them out....
mikerichards Posted - 27/02/2010 : 16:49:21
patience!!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 16:44:59
Still no eggs
mikerichards Posted - 26/02/2010 : 15:07:24
Yeah of course! I haven't heard of them doing it that often, its more likely to happen if there is no damp hide, or no hide at all, have had a gecko lay in the water, and she had the choice of 2 dry hides and 1 damp one! I think you will be fine.
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/02/2010 : 12:28:58
Yes, nest box is damp and she uses it all the time. I didn't know how common it is for them to lay in the bowl, but better safe than sorry!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000