The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 have they mated

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 13/02/2010 : 18:12:51
my mate has got a male and female corn he thinks they have mated but isnt sure but both of them will not eat and one of them just wants out of the viv he has seperated them and female is now buried under the substrate and wont come out does it sound like she is pregnant.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 16/02/2010 : 16:14:03
Unless she has ovulated you won't feel the eggs, and even if she has, if its early you won't feel them, feeling for eggs takes a bit of experience, I tried it on 1 of my females last year, I knew she was gravid as I could see the lumps, but I couldn't feel them, they were too soft. The only way to tell for sure, short of ultrasound and xray, is wait and see.
Kehhlyr Posted - 14/02/2010 : 17:50:53
quote:
Originally posted by lessthanjase

needed to scatter some rose petals and have a few candles around the warm end ;)

Maybe a bit more of the Barry White as well.
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 14:39:00
needed to scatter some rose petals and have a few candles around the warm end ;)
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/02/2010 : 23:26:10
Strangely though, I have 2 corns that were specifically put together for a breeding program nearly 5 years ago, and they have only mated twice. Sometimes they just don't mate. Although mine didn't decide to mate until they had a new viv the year before last, I can only assume that the old one wasn't laid out romantically enough.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 23:10:36
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

are they definetly male and female?

If they have lived together for 3 years and never mated then i would certainly be asking myself this question.

How old are they?
eeji Posted - 13/02/2010 : 21:31:52
are they definetly male and female?
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 20:11:24
Well if they have lived together for 3 years and haven't ever mated then I should put it down to stress.
n/a Posted - 13/02/2010 : 19:53:19
the female and male have lived together for 3 years and this is the first time they may have mated and the female is 5 and a half foot long.
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 19:46:35
It could be that they are both stressed as hell from having to live together, and need time to chill out.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have mated though, hopefully the female is the right size for becoming gravid.
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/02/2010 : 18:44:33
Very difficult to say for sure really.
For him to get a better idea if he runs his thumb gently along her underside he should be able to feel the bumps from the eggs.
Let him know to get a nest box ready, this can be any box with a lid and a hole cut in it with some nice damp and warm vermiculite and/or spaggy moss.

So long as the tub can take her size nicely, with an inch or 2 of stuff in the bottom of the box, then she'll start getting ready to lay, but wont yet as it can take a few weeks for her to do it, and she'll have a nice shed before hand as well.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000