The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 How do my eggs look.....???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Squeakymel Posted - 08/02/2010 : 22:35:07
Hiya, my corn laid today finally and i have put the eggs im my incubator but i took a quick picture before hand. How do they look? I havent turned them at all when moving them but there are a couple stood up on one end, will they be ok?? There was one she'd rolled over (the yellow looking one) will that be ok? Sorry for all the questions but this is my first time breeding. Oh and my corn is now happily munching on a nice juicey rat lol
Thanks in advance

Sorry about the small pic, its from my iphone

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 09/02/2010 : 23:43:05
Get a small spray bottle and fill with water and stick that in the incubator as well, it'll also warm up and help to keep the levels warm plus you'll have warm water to give a mist around the eggs to raise the humidity if need be.
Squeakymel Posted - 09/02/2010 : 23:19:59
Thank you all for your help. I will get a hygrometer at the weekend but until then i have a dial 1, its better then nothing lol.

and thanks eeji, she is gorgeous and very placid most of the time to. :-)
eeji Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:51:11
get hold of a digital hygrometer that you can put the probe next to the eggs so you can keep an accurate eye on the humidity - it needs to be up in the high ninetys pretty much constantly.

....and I love your female, she's gorgeous!
gingerpony Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:25:52
if they dimple in at this stage it's usually due to too low humidity, towards the end of incubation they might dimple just before they hatch
Squeakymel Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:26:12
I got some moss today so i have put some on the eggs but i noticed 1 had a couple of dimples in it. Does that mean the humidity isnt high enough? I have sprayed the vermiculie again but will keep an eye on them. My incubator has a window so i dont need to open it :-)
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 15:11:21
Wow well done to the muma nd dad, hope you get some hatchlings! Good luck :)
eeji Posted - 09/02/2010 : 14:42:05
i only move the dead ones if they're seperate from the good ones, and then only when they've gone really manky you know for sure they're dead.

theres no need to candle the eggs, it doesn't achieve anything other than disturb them
KITTYCAT Posted - 09/02/2010 : 11:08:52
Dont handle the eggs incase you drown the embryo. i sprayed mine with look warm water every 2 days though be carefull not to over wet. the one on the left does look like a slug if any do go yellow and soft you will no they are not viable as they will smell and deflate. some people remove the dead ones others dont if any are dead and you want to remove them but they are stuck to the good eggs you need to be very carefull i read somewhere that using dental floss helps good luck n keep us posted.
Squeakymel Posted - 08/02/2010 : 23:11:55
When i moved them they were all stuck together. The 1 on the left was soft whereas the other where more firm. I will be getting some moss tomorrow. When can i candle them?
These are the parents:
Mum:

Dad:
eeji Posted - 08/02/2010 : 23:07:46
the one on the left looks dead, the five in the middle look perfect and the ones on the right look a bit yellowy, so may (or may not) make it :)

don't bin any of them just yet though, just in case :) are they all stuck together?
Squeakymel Posted - 08/02/2010 : 23:03:31
Hopefully i will get at least a few healthly hatchlings :-)
gingerpony Posted - 08/02/2010 : 22:50:16
i'm just going on the difference in colour although it looks a good shape..........
and congrats on the clutch, what are you expecting? what are the parents?
Squeakymel Posted - 08/02/2010 : 22:44:19
Thanks, the one on the left is the one she turned...
gingerpony Posted - 08/02/2010 : 22:40:40
the pic isn't great and my computer monitor is worse lol but from what i can tell from here, the middle bunch look great, the right hand side bunch look fine and the one on the left looks like a slug to me BUT just cos i can't see it clearly doesn't mean bin it just yet!!

just make sure your vermiculite is deep enough for the pile of eggs and i'd cover them with a layer of sphagnum moss too

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000