The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Help Phantom or real pregnancy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 11:46:54
Hi all,
Ive got a big problem we have a male and two females WE THINK!
weve had our two females together in the same viv for about 3 weeks and the one we think is pregnant and is about to lay eggs we have held the two females together before, the females have never been with the male.
My uncle told us she was pregnant this morning and she is very chunky and has bumps in her and hes sure shes pregnant.
Some advice desperatley needed!!!
Madgirl x.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 23:31:28
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i just find the other one easier to use...........maybe it's just familiarity though

Possibly, i found the one that eeji give to be fairly easy to use.

Seems i would be expecting to get, Normals het Hypo, Anery, Diffusion(Bloodred)

But thats without me knowing of any hets in my two snakes so it could still make for an interesting hatch when the time comes around. Thats if my predictions are correct and my blood is a male and ghost a female, but with 4 corn snakes in the house we must have atleast one male/female.
gingerpony Posted - 03/02/2010 : 21:35:07
i just find the other one easier to use...........maybe it's just familiarity though
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 18:05:52
quote:
Originally posted by eeji
http://www.corncalc.com doesn't need any downloads so its never out of date ;)

Thanks eeji
gingerpony Posted - 03/02/2010 : 17:24:58
ok ok eeji i get your point lol
eeji Posted - 03/02/2010 : 10:42:38
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

quote:
What would you likely get from a Ghost and a Bloodred

at the risk of upsetting eeji...............

http://home.comcast.net/~spencer62/cornprog.html

I'll check that out later, i've got to download a software to use it.

Oh GP i see you got your new description for 5000 posts lol. I bet you werent expecting that one...

http://www.corncalc.com doesn't need any downloads so its never out of date ;)
Kellog Posted - 03/02/2010 : 04:54:46
quote:

quote:
Oh GP i see you got your new description for 5000 posts lol. I bet you werent expecting that one...

lol no i wasn't at all!

Think 'they' got the message that you (and a number of other forum members) would not take kindly to any other sort of name !!! Power to the people !!! Personally I think it is a perfect description for you!

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 02/02/2010 : 21:21:29
quote:

lol no i wasn't at all!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:25:02
quote:

quote:

I'll check that out later, i've got to download a software to use it.

gingerpony Posted - 01/02/2010 : 20:47:06
quote:

n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 17:51:45
Hi,
yep we have an incubator and she is a big girl so i dont think ill be very worried if she dosent eat.
Madgirl x.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 11:21:24
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:

and SB's advice is spot on

Only coz I remember what you teach me!!

A normal and a ghost I think will produce all normals het for anery. But not sure.

A small mouse may work, but if she has good body condition then don't be concerned if she doesn't take it.

Do you have an incubator?

What would you likely get from a Ghost and a Bloodred, only asking because i was thinking about it the otherday, i've got a hunch that my ghost is a girl and bloodred a male, although there a long long way off breeding.
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/02/2010 : 10:57:08
quote:

and SB's advice is spot on

Only coz I remember what you teach me!!

A normal and a ghost I think will produce all normals het for anery. But not sure.

A small mouse may work, but if she has good body condition then don't be concerned if she doesn't take it.

Do you have an incubator?
n/a Posted - 01/02/2010 : 10:01:00
Hi all,
yep we can feel the eggs we've removed the male (which we thought was a female!) and put in a laying box she has allready stoped eating and i can tell by her eyes shes about to have a prelay shed.
Shes a big girl and i can feel 11-13 bumps down her sides but i think there is more.
What morphs do you get from a ghost corn and a normal?
She normaly eats 2 large mice tried her today with a medium and would not take it, we brained it nothing, would she be more likley to take a small mouse?
Madgirl x.
gingerpony Posted - 31/01/2010 : 21:57:17
it sounds like she is from your desciption and SB's advice is spot on
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/01/2010 : 19:25:45
A gravid female will develop a swollen belly from about halfway down the body to just before the vent. Her spine will become slightly more prominent as fat reserves are used to make the eggs.

You will be able to feel the eggs in the later stages of development, which from the sounds of it you can already do. Continue to feed her small, easy to digest meals until she chooses to stop eating because she will not have the space. Its difficult to tell when she would have become gravid, but at some point she will undergo a pre-lay shed. Expect to see eggs within 2 weeks after this shed.

Provide your female with a laying box half filled with damp sphagnum moss- this should be secure and dark to encourage her to use it. A container with a see through, removable lid is best.

Make sure you have your incubator set up and running at the correct temperature by the time the eggs arrive, loads of info can be found on here by using the search button.

Good luck!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 31/01/2010 : 14:28:07
quote:
Originally posted by madgirl

Ok but i need some more info please!
What are the signs of a snake being pregnant?
How long before the pregnancy is noticable?
Any more advice welcome.
Madgirl x.

I'm new to snake keeping so i cant really help you with that, i was just saying that if you werent sure on the sexes then there is obviously a possibility. I've also never heard of a phantom pregnancy in snakes although i don't have much knowledge about breeding.

May well be best to split them up in the future though and keep them all seperate if you don't want this happeneing again.

As for answering your initial question hopefully somebody with knowledge about pregnant snakes and breeding will be along soon.
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 12:42:59
Ok but i need some more info please!
What are the signs of a snake being pregnant?
How long before the pregnancy is noticable?
Any more advice welcome.
Madgirl x.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 31/01/2010 : 11:58:13
Well since you are not deffinitely sure you have 2 females and one male i suppose there is a chance the "2 females" could infact be 1 male and 1 female.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000