The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 interested to know about morph possibilities.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zandefloss Posted - 17/10/2009 : 19:06:02
Hello there, I'm only very new to snake keeping, as I only got my beautiful 1st snake yesterday!

It's an amel stripe female with het for butter and snow, I know that this is something to do with the genetics of the snake, but ~I dont really understand fully what it means.

The lady at the shop said that it would produce good babies as it carried both the stripe gene and the butter and snow gene, which were popular? Is this true?

I am not planning on breeding or adding to my collection for many years but am curious to know whether this could produce desirable babies or any suggestion for breeding parters or offspring.

Just curious :)

zan x
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 17/10/2009 : 19:44:33
there isn't a gene called 'butter' or 'snow' because these are combinations of multiple traits - it will actually be het caramel and anery, which when combined with amel will produce butter and snow.

all the genes your corn carry are recessive so to make visual morphs they will need to be inherited by both parents, so you would need to look for a male with combinations of amel, anery, caramel and stripe.

There are also 2 other morphs compatible with yours so you can also look for ultra (which will give you ultramel), ultramel (which will give you amel and ultramel), or motley (this will give you motley)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000