The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 corn snake laying info

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 11:50:43
hi all just wondered if anyone can help i have apr of corn snakes the female is getting large and bumpy always in her nest box how long will it be before she lays her eggs im new to this also wots best incubator for corn snke eggs and other reptiles sorry to b a pain oaky
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 17/09/2009 : 13:04:43
either a pulse or a dimmer stat as they're most accurate
dimmers tend to be more expensive, i prefer pulse's anyway

the most common brands are Habistat and Microclimate although others are available, i use both brands with my various set-ups and incubator
n/a Posted - 17/09/2009 : 11:47:05
hi which pulse stat do ineed theres alsorts lol for a heat mat etc
n/a Posted - 17/09/2009 : 11:40:07
god this site fast thanx for all ya help will let ya know wot happens thanx again
gingerpony Posted - 16/09/2009 : 22:09:57
if you search on here and tick the box for 'archived posts' you should find some pics

pulse stats i usually get off ebay but pretty much anywhere should do them

try http://www.kingdomreptiles.co.uk/4.html or swift or triple 8
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 21:59:14
thanx for that help weredid ya get the pulse stst from m8 any pics of ya incubator setup pleasethanx
gingerpony Posted - 16/09/2009 : 21:49:27
has she stopped eating? when they're full of eggs they often go off their food as it's uncomfy to eat and pass it through their system

if you've provided a large damp hide for her just sit tight for now and try not to disturb her too much

for an incubator i use a poly box with a heatmat and a pulse stat. incubation medium is vermiculite with sphagnum moss on top
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 20:41:26
nice were doya get a thermostst from
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 20:36:25
ive not done this before either i thought my two were both females so its an unexpected pregnancy im using an icecream tub with moss in but alot of people suggest going to your local pet shop and get a poly box which they transport fish in thry will normally let you have these free of charge put a heat mat in the bottom and then the tub with moss or vermiculite on top with a thermastat
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 19:52:47
hi thanx for that shes had a shed a bit ago she looks big to me never done this beforethats all wot best incubator for snake eggs
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 16:20:01
btw i have an ice cream tub in mine as an incubater with moss in and prob with temp at roughly 28c
n/a Posted - 16/09/2009 : 16:18:26
im waiting for mine to lay at the mo i belive 5-6 weeks after mating then they have a prelay shed then 10-14 days later she should lay although saying that mine is on day 16 and she still not laid but then she is a little young to be breeding i did phone a reptile vet and he adviced me that i could leave her anoyher week hope that helps

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000