The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 wanting to get my snakes breeding again .

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:07:11
my corns have breeded twice before but thats only because i left them to it and let them .
now i have properly researched into it i want them to breed again but how do i know if she is gravid ? or if they have bred or not as i put her in with another male corn and he instantly tried breeding but it scared he as he is a bit bigger so i took her out before anything happened .
how would i get her to breed with my other male the one that she has been with since they were young ( both 5-6 years old now ) .

and whats the best way to incubate the eggs with out a propper incubator / thermostat, heat mat etc or do i need to get buying ?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:49:10
cheers
Brookestar Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:38:05
good luck
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:26:49
yeah thats the word i forgot what it was . oh well i hope something comes from this as i really want to get into the breeding side of it all .and cant wait to get my boa's breeding
Brookestar Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:19:29
yeah what your talking about is brumation but it only really works when its breeding season.
plus you dont really need to brumate corns. corns potentially can breed all year round if they really want to
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:15:30
oh right i herd that you can seperate them and then reintroduce them . but howlong do i keep them apart for , i seperated them and cooled them both for a month then put them back together but with no noticeable results .

i can put her with the othermale again but she was constantly trying to get out and didnt want to distress her to much as i dont know whether its normal her playing hard to get etc
Brookestar Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:05:16
just make it damp dont think there is a ratio. as to making them breed you cant. they either do or dont
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:01:43
oh and whats the water mixture to the verm or moss its it 1 to 1 or 1/2 part water to 1 part moss etc ?
n/a Posted - 05/09/2009 : 17:00:35
right best get on ebay then and get a stat sorted , already got a small heat mat .

any one knwo whats the best way to get my snakes to breed again if they havnt already cos i really want eggs this year and they dont seem to be showing any signs of interest. they have been together since very young as pet shop owner did not tell me about the possible problems but luckily i have had none and they only started breeding and 4 years old so were already pretty big
Blackecho Posted - 05/09/2009 : 10:16:05
Vermiculite or moss.
KITTYCAT Posted - 05/09/2009 : 00:20:39
i used a tuperware with vermiculite and placed it in the viv. When you say she has been with the other male since they were young do or did they cohabit?
Brookestar Posted - 04/09/2009 : 21:47:09
poly box with sand, heat mat and thermostat is probs the cheapest way. most pet shops that sell fish have poly boxes and give them free normally

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000