The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 eggs hatched yesterday !!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/08/2009 : 10:17:27
i've had my two corn snakes (Tango & Cash) for about two years, A while ago i found seven eggs in their viv and decided to try and incubate them. Well now they have all but one hatched and i am clueless of what to do next. can i keep them together or should they be kept seperate and what size mouse should i feed them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Neil
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 07/09/2009 : 15:26:21
cant really suggest anything that hasnt already been said..
congrats though..what morphs are they?
n/a Posted - 07/09/2009 : 13:19:14
thanks to all for all of the info, this has been very helpful in theese early stages. also thanks for making me feel welcome look foreward to talking to you all in the future. pics will be posted soon
neil
Kellog Posted - 24/08/2009 : 04:15:44
Congratulations on your new hatchlings - must be feel like a new mum! Must admit I am surprised you didnt find out all the info necesssary about dealing with hatchlings once you had eggs, like a mum finds out about having a baby as soon as she is pregnant. Hope it all goes ok. xxx
n/a Posted - 24/08/2009 : 00:23:20
congrates mine are called tango and cash great minds think alike!!!!!!!
n/a Posted - 21/08/2009 : 15:44:56
we just had hatchlings 3 weeks ago was our first time also wasnt sure wat to expect lol got 13 babies out of 15, we have put all ours in separate containers we got from the chinese shop, added some kitchen paper a small hide each and we use bottle tops for water, all are sat in a glass tank with heat mat, seems to working fine for us good luck with them all maybe u can post pics in the pic section let us see the newbies
Brookestar Posted - 21/08/2009 : 12:36:20
seperate them asap. although rare babies corns can be canabalistic which results in the death of two corns its just not worth the risk. as for the set up sexy bear is about right no great deal need for them.

good luck
SexyBear77 Posted - 21/08/2009 : 11:00:40
get them separated within 24 hours, else cannabalisation can occur. takeaway containers will be fine, with airholes of course, with a bit of kitchen roll in the bottom, and a small hide, a half a toilet roll will be fine. after about 5 days they will undergo a post natal shed, then you can offer them a pinkie mouse each (the smallest size available- newborn mice). non-feeders should have their tubs covered and left in the dark with the pinkie overnight. they will need to be fed approx every 5 days until they can be sold, which is normally after around 3-5 successful feeds.

if you dont want this to happen again, you need to separate your snakes, as you dont really sound prepared for babies. even then there is a chance you will get more clutches of fertile eggs.
Paulusworm Posted - 21/08/2009 : 10:36:10
quote:
Originally posted by Ringo69

i've had my two corn snakes (Tango & Cash) for about two years, A while ago i found seven eggs in their viv and decided to try and incubate them. Well now they have all but one hatched and i am clueless of what to do next. can i keep them together or should they be kept seperate and what size mouse should i feed them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Neil

I know nothing about dealing with hatchlings but I expect someone will be along in a minute. Just wanted to say congrats dude

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000