The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 could cash be pregnant?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 31/07/2009 : 22:04:17
hi everyone i have two corn snakes tango was sold to me as a male but a friend said it looked more female and then i have cash who is defo female after handling cash over the last few days and especially today i have noticed that her belly looks like she has had a massive feed even though she was fed a week ago and that her belly is squishy with noticable bumps, she has just shed. now that tango is nearly same size as cash looking at their tails i would now say that tango could be male after all thay are kept in same viv tango just shed and is 29ins and cash has just shed 32 and a half ins can anyone tell me if cash could be pregnant i would be really pleased if she was but would have to look into getting an incubater i dont wont to be caught short and advice gratfully recieved thanks
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 29/08/2009 : 01:54:21
quote:
Originally posted by sam73

in a couple of weeks hopefully will have some fertile eggs

How long after that do they hatch?
n/a Posted - 28/08/2009 : 15:31:01
think she is 1 yr old she is in her blue phase now so expect to shed in next couple of days and then in a couple of weeks hopefully will have some fertile eggs
n/a Posted - 28/08/2009 : 09:33:47
Hope all goes well for you, how long until they hatch now? What age is the female?

Far too scarey business for me lol x
n/a Posted - 24/08/2009 : 00:28:00
thought i would give you all an update cash is getting little fatter i have got a moist hide in to lay i have also put another one in which i have a probe in as i want to make sure the temps are right for the eggs
KITTYCAT Posted - 16/08/2009 : 11:18:25
Hi there, if she is due to lay eggs her bottom scales will appear to protrude from her body feeling rough n jaggy when you touch them. My corn was 1 1/2 yrs (Which is technically too young it wasnt planned) when she layed only 5 eggs which i was told was due to her age and size i only managed to save one egg the others dried up in her hide its due to hatch soon. if you think she is pregnant mind n put a hide with vermiculite or damp moss in it for her to lay eggs in so they dont dry out like mine n seperate her from the eggs when layed. goood luck
n/a Posted - 03/08/2009 : 11:30:51
thank you all for your advice im sure she will be fine but im still a newbie so have alot to learn i just hope after all this worrying that there will be a happy ending and i have some gorgous baby corns and that mum is ok !!!!!!!!!
Tizzy Posted - 03/08/2009 : 11:21:38
Best of luck, i'm sure she'll be fine. It's not ideal but my amel got through it fine and she was about the same size. there no point worrying about her getting eggbound unless it actually happens just give her a lay box and see how things go, if you think she's having trouble then get her to a vet.
Blackecho Posted - 03/08/2009 : 00:33:16
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

if she was gravid she wouldnt eat im so confuzzled

A lot of Corns will eat while gravid.
eeji Posted - 02/08/2009 : 16:02:26
....and if they do, they won't cover her if she is gravid at the time you take out the policy :(

matty18714 Posted - 02/08/2009 : 14:32:45
Aparently most insurance policies dont cover breeding problems.
Brookestar Posted - 02/08/2009 : 14:30:49
if she was gravid she wouldnt eat im so confuzzled
n/a Posted - 02/08/2009 : 14:23:52
nope i dont have insurance was only few weeks ago was thinking about getting some can you recommend and good companys
Blackecho Posted - 02/08/2009 : 09:40:54
Have you got insurance?

Fingers crossed for you you don't end up with a huge vets bill or worse..
n/a Posted - 01/08/2009 : 21:08:07
lol both male and female took 2 ratpups
hillzi Posted - 01/08/2009 : 17:51:40
think she was refering to the male..

Brookestar Posted - 01/08/2009 : 17:27:33
quote:
sam73 Posted - 01/08/2009 : 16:18:07
still took 2 rat pups today

if she was gravid she wouldnt be eating ... well thats what im led to believe.
n/a Posted - 01/08/2009 : 16:18:07
i have just got back from reptile shop where i origanally bought tango he has probed him and is defo male he looked at cash and said that there is defo eggs i have now seperated them cos they were housed together he said that if i want him to incubate eggs thenhe will in return for one of the hatchlings cash shed last week but still took 2 rat pups today the guy said to keep an eye on her as she is a bit small to be breeding but any worries to take her up there to him so i guess its a waiting game i really hopes it works out and then again i dont wont cash getting poorly cos she is not up to weight will keep you all posted
SexyBear77 Posted - 01/08/2009 : 14:08:40
godd luck with it either way! make sure and separate them too!
Blackecho Posted - 01/08/2009 : 10:15:39
No she can't be pregnant, but she could be 'gravid'

Is she big enough and old enough to cope with passing eggs?

As above, sexing be tail shape is not accurate, the only accurate way is probing by an experienced herper.

Were you housing them together to try and breed?
hillzi Posted - 31/07/2009 : 23:41:19
quote:
Originally posted by sam73

friend said it looked more female

Sorry but their sexes can't be defined because of their looks. there was a method I bought up, maybe others did before, is the shape of the flap but this is not 100& accurate.

Well she sounds pregnant to me! But I'm not up to snake breeding.. (GP?) I would seperate them and set the incubator up. when its time provide a box for her to go and lay into filled with verm. she would be defo hungry but not sure on feeding straight after a lay..

NEVER roll or move the eggs! never submerge them in verm either! just remove Cash and into the cooker for the eggs!

hope all goes well. sorry if I was blunt to begin with,

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000