The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 What a surprise

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nails Posted - 27/06/2013 : 12:52:48
Hi guys, well went and checked on my girlie this morning and to my surprise there is a clutch of eggs!!! Not what i was expecting at all, i only got her about 3-4 months ago, she had laid a clutch just before i took her on and i was told she many have more, but after so long i didn't think she was going to so thought no more about......Until today!!!
Well totally unprepared for this, i have an inccy as i use to hatch chickens so that is ok, just got to dig it out the shed and hope it still works. got digi thermometer as well, i have the moss but no vermiculite, eggs have been laid in moss hide, would it be ok to use this until i can get some vermiculite?
One of the member has sent me the link from here about eggs and it says i can use the sphagnum moss, will it be ok to use that till the weekend when i can change it for the vermiculite?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 27/06/2013 : 22:26:43
*crosses fingers*
nails Posted - 27/06/2013 : 22:03:27
All in the inccy now, snug and warm at 28 degrees, i hope they are fertile i am gonna be so disappointed in 60+ days time if nothing happens, she laid a clutch about 3-4 months ago of 19 eggs, this was before i got her, so i am keeping my fingers crossed as all 19 hatched.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:09:24
Wow, well good luck, assuming they are fertilised. :)
Coal Posted - 27/06/2013 : 17:24:48
Wow, that is a surprise :o Hope all goes well with the clutch <3
Lee Posted - 27/06/2013 : 17:14:05
The humidity needs to be pretty high, 90% I believe, to stop the eggs dehydrating, the damp moss should control this. Temp around 27-28. Important not to turn eggs at all when you move them from the viv to the inc.
nails Posted - 27/06/2013 : 13:35:07
I can see about 5 eggs at the moment, don't want to disturb them to much until i have too will they be ok where they are for a while as not got to the inccy yet
nails Posted - 27/06/2013 : 13:21:18
Ah cool do i need to keep it damp? No turning on this inccy the motor for it broke so will just be heat, am i also right in thinking she will shed once all eggs are laid? she has gone blue so i am guessing this is right
Moppet Posted - 27/06/2013 : 13:12:16
I use sphagnum moss to incubate my corn eggs Some people do use it exclusively for the full length of incubation without problems.

The incubator for chicks would be okay as long it doesn't have an egg turning function, or if it can be turned off or avoided. Turning corn snakes eggs will drown the embryos.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000