The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 how to breed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
conormclaren Posted - 20/06/2013 : 15:32:33
right im new to corn snakes and i would love to breed one day so i want to know the basics i know im being a pain but i want to know for the future thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 21/06/2013 : 20:33:21
This will help you learn about breeding Conor - http://www.vmsherp.com/LCBreedingCorns.htm

To me the most important part is 'Do you really want to breed your corn snakes?'. You need to be very aware of the risks to the female, the financial outlay, the time involved, the stress especially once the eggs have hatched and if you have non-feeders, whether you will be able to sell your hatchlings.....

All I can say is make sure you do lots of research before you decide to do it, including looking around locally to see if there is a market for your hatchlings....otherwise you could end up with a lot of snakes you didn't want!

Xxx
herriotfan Posted - 20/06/2013 : 17:03:00
Best thing is to learn as much as possible by doing research and talking to breeders.
Internet research, books etc is the best starting point and then when you hit conflicting veiws you could ask breeders. Get as much knowledge as you can first.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 20/06/2013 : 16:01:27
If you want to know then there is lots of info on the internet. But as far as ive read basic bulletpoints include - feeding very well, brumation, feeding again, snakies meet and get down, female has a pre lay shed (i think) and if successfull eggs.

I could be wayyy wrong but thats what i can remember from things ive read. Like i said, do lots of research through different sites and see what you think.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000