The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 question for breeders

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cornsnakead Posted - 04/06/2013 : 20:19:16
Hi,

Ive been looking everywhere and cant find any hatclings for sale at all... my guess is im a little early??
Anyways are there any breeders in the north west that will be selling corns very soon??
If so what morphs and prices?

Cheers guys
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cornsnakead Posted - 05/06/2013 : 13:54:08
They are just as nice!! Aslong as there the red colour i like both the patterns/colours
Figs Posted - 05/06/2013 : 13:46:02
Thats amel
Goonie's babies will carry the amel gene, but visually will be carolinas: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/normal/
cornsnakead Posted - 05/06/2013 : 13:41:40
http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/amelanistic/

Is this what they will look like?
smart bunny Posted - 05/06/2013 : 13:28:27
Just to make sure you are aware (I may have misread your posts!), the pic of Goonie Figs posted is a normal not an amel - normals look quite brown when they are born but the red and yellow colours develop as they get older. Amels have red eyes and look very pink, almost transparent when born and again the red and yellows develop as they get older - but they don't have any black in them.

The problem is all corns change colour a LOT as they grow, so you need to look at the adult pics to choose what you want, then don't be alarmed if the hatchlings look totally different lol :)
cornsnakead Posted - 05/06/2013 : 12:05:15
That works out good for me.. would rather buy from someone with experience etc
Figs Posted - 05/06/2013 : 12:03:51
If they are good little snakes and do what they are supposed to do, around a month after hatching they should be ready - thats at least one shed and 4 consecutive feeds
cornsnakead Posted - 05/06/2013 : 11:46:08
I dont blame you one bit!! When do you think they will be ready by approx so i can sort the gear out and have temps etc on point before the big day?
Figs Posted - 05/06/2013 : 11:06:55
Aww thank you very much
She was a sweetie too - going to keep a Goonie Jr. for myself!

I keep telling them to hurry up but they just wont listen! Silly babies
cornsnakead Posted - 05/06/2013 : 10:29:35
Figs - ive heard back from a local breeder here and im not so fussed on the morphs they have in there clutch... makes me even more excited to see these little babies when they hatch!!
cornsnakead Posted - 05/06/2013 : 00:18:36
Thats crazy!! Such a sad loss she was a gorgeous snake!! Fingers crossed the babies are just as nice ;)
Figs Posted - 04/06/2013 : 23:54:04
quote:
Originally posted by cornsnakead

Fig - was looking at your blog... has the mum died??

She did, yes
Eggbound and never made it through her surgery...

That doesn't effect the babies in any way mind, just one of those horrible things I suppose
cornsnakead Posted - 04/06/2013 : 23:35:22
Fig - was looking at your blog... has the mum died??
cornsnakead Posted - 04/06/2013 : 23:27:58
Hurry up and hatch little snakeys!!
Figs Posted - 04/06/2013 : 23:24:12
Yep, I can indeed sex them
cornsnakead Posted - 04/06/2013 : 23:19:38
Cheers soaking up all the info thats thrown my way.. im excited to see them!! I have seen another breeder has butter morphs which i 1st wanted but now im not so sure on them as i do like the red colour. Figs can you sex the snakes?? As i want a girl
herriotfan Posted - 04/06/2013 : 22:36:27
If you like Figs snake and the reddish looking ones you'd be best going for a normal/carolina or an amel.
They do change colour as they get older, so don't be surprised if you see a hatchling that isn't what you'd expect if you ask for a particular morph.
I'd wait until Figs has hatchlings that are ready if I were you. The members on here are great and I would trust and recommend them.
And by the way......welcome to the forum!!!!!
Figs Posted - 04/06/2013 : 22:22:49
Yep, thats him
cornsnakead Posted - 04/06/2013 : 22:21:53
Wow shes really nice.. is the dad the white one?
Figs Posted - 04/06/2013 : 22:18:23
Oh don't worry, I'm really bad for posting loads of pictures haha! I'll be sure you flood you all with them when the littl'uns decide to make an appearance

Here's some more of mum!
Her name was Goonie if you fancy doing a search for more in the photo section. Dad is Salem

cornsnakead Posted - 04/06/2013 : 22:11:38
True.. my beardie has had a small fortune spent on him! Can i have a few pics of the hatchlings when there out?Do you have any more of mum?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000