The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 how long between 1st and 2nd cluch?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/05/2013 : 12:12:21
1 of my snakes has taken it upon herself to double clutch in the last 15 years that I have been breeding my corn snakes I have never tried to double clutched and this is only the second time that any of my snake have double clutched and I can't fine my old books to see how long the gap was between the first and second also last time this happen that snake ended up having 2 good clutches then a 3rd clutch of all slugs Can anybody give me an idea of how long the gap should be between 1 and the other and I can't remember if the other 1 had pre lay sheds between each
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 31/05/2013 : 08:52:57
Good luck Herriotfan!
herriotfan Posted - 30/05/2013 : 17:21:10
My Phoebe laid eggs 62 days ago and she is currently in a laying box again after refusing food, having another shed and generally doing the "I need to lay" searching.
At the moment I'm not sure if she's double clutching or just playing silly bu**ers!!
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/05/2013 : 16:46:10
Still a wile to go yet then :( to long with no food I will keep trying her with food though and wait for a shed
smart bunny Posted - 30/05/2013 : 13:57:32
From what I've read the second clutch tends to be layed about the time the first clutch hatches.
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/05/2013 : 13:53:36
Ok thanks so it was about the same time her first clutch was hatching? It's strange cuz I couldn't feel or see any more inside her after she shed and it's only been 4 weeks since her first clutch and I can feel about 11 eggs inside her and she just won't eat I even tried her with a pinky but she's having none of it :(
Figs Posted - 30/05/2013 : 13:06:11
When my Mew double clutched, there was around 2 months in between them - I think she shed in between them, but the second clutch was much less obvious inside her and only had 2 fertile eggs plus a few slugs

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000