The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 HELP!! Should I cut?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DeniseACH Posted - 28/05/2013 : 11:31:49
This is my first clutch and have been incubated between 82-85. They are now on day 61 and still no sign of hatching. I have candles them and eggs are only half full but can see liquid moving in the top half. The eggs are still full and fat. Should I cut one to see if they're ok? HELP!!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 29/05/2013 : 11:26:15
I am a cutter I cut all my egg as soon as 1 pips I give them 24 hours then cut any that haven't pipped by that time but I never cut b4 they start to pip but that's just me ;)
kev 5 Posted - 29/05/2013 : 07:31:00
You have plenty of time yet. My 1st clutch this year we're all out of their eggs by day 62, my 2nd clutch took over 70 days. Both clutches we're incubated at the same temp with the same humidity
SnakeBreeder Posted - 28/05/2013 : 21:13:33
I seem to be seeing an increase in people wanting to cut corn eggs a lot this year.
Seen it the past few years for Royals, but now people seem to think it's a good idea for corns.
Not something I'd do personally for rat snakes, including corns, as I have found that if a snake cant hatch itself then they rarely do well after they have been assisted to hatch.
herriotfan Posted - 28/05/2013 : 15:56:07
I'd leave them alone. Mother Nature is very good at doing things without our help.
It's easier said than done I know!!
a33272 Posted - 28/05/2013 : 12:45:17
This is who I was receding to on Facebook group denise lol.
Isoldael Posted - 28/05/2013 : 11:35:30
Don't panic! Eggs can take AGES to hatch. It took mine 93 days once. I was very, very impatient, but I waited and all but one hatched in the end! (the one was deformed sadly and probably died much earlier on)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000