The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Eggs!!! Finally!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Moppet Posted - 24/05/2013 : 10:39:32
This is day 16 after her prelay shed. So excited that she's finally laying!!!

She's had at least 7 (there might be one directly under her tail that she is in the process of laying?). I think only 3 of them are fertile so far though, I'll be able to get a proper look when she's done. I can see three which look like they are probably slugs (the yellower ones).

I think it could be because I didn't brumate either of the snakes and Apollo is still quite young really.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 25/05/2013 : 14:42:34
Sakana's belly is quite similar to Kali's but Kali has more of a orangey red colour starting about halfway down. I'll stick with her being a normal for now as I don't think it's possible to be sure without breeding results. Who knows, perhaps Apollo will carry the hypo gene and I'll get some hypos out of this pairing. Although that would only prove Kali to be het hypo which doesn't help much. Next year I'll know for sure, assuming Kali likes Titan and he's big enough to do the job.
AcidicAngel Posted - 25/05/2013 : 11:49:11
Sakana's belly scales are mainly orange with bits of black and her belly goes salmon pink/orange towards the tail end It was Eeji that called her Hypo though lol.

However, Kali looks like she's a deeper orange to Sakana. Sakana is a pale orange

Sakana's Belly.

Tail End.

And a full shot of her so you can see her true colours.
Moppet Posted - 25/05/2013 : 11:10:24
I'll find out for sure next year because I plan to breed her with my hypo diffused male Titan to prove out his ph charcoal. If all the babies are hypo I will know I don't really mind either way, she's perfect to me whatever she is.
smart bunny Posted - 25/05/2013 : 08:47:32
It's too close to call lol! She's still a gorgeous snake xxx
Moppet Posted - 25/05/2013 : 00:48:43
Hmmm, need eeji to have a look at her. I think that I remember reading somewhere that it can be hard to tell a normal from a hypo sometimes because you can get normals without much black on them Sakana doesn't look that different to Kali in your signature photo. What are Sakana's belly scales like?

Silverwings - she laid her first egg at 0715 and had finished by 1730. I had a look at her three or four times whilst she was laying, really quietly lifting the lid of her lay box whilst her head was under the moss. She didn't seem to notice and if she did I don't think it bothered her too much at the time I've read that laying can take 24 hours sometimes though.
AcidicAngel Posted - 25/05/2013 : 00:42:06
Congrats! Hypo just means reduced black My girl is Hypo
SilverWings Posted - 24/05/2013 : 23:02:36
How long did it take her to lay her clutch? Just wondering cos I think Luna may be laying right now, and I want to know when it might be safe to peek o.O
Moppet Posted - 24/05/2013 : 22:49:18
I will do my best They're tucked up in the incubator all cosy and humid.

A few people have said that before. She was sold to me as a normal but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. She does have some black on her belly checkers, just a little round the edges of each one and she does have a little black around some of her saddles. I thought hypo meant no black at all?

I have a few photos without the funny coloured box in them.
Belly

better pic of colours

*shrug* I think some normals do gradually lose the black on their belly scales as they grow up and she does have a bit of black left on her so I think she's probably just a pretty normal
smart bunny Posted - 24/05/2013 : 22:09:44
Awww way to go Kali! You just make sure you take good care of her eggs for her now Moppet, I'm already looking forward to the hatchy pics :P

Wow, she doesn't look like a normal in that final pic, I'd have thought she was a hypo as there's so little black on her, especially the tell tale checquers under the chin (but it's probably just because it was taken through the tub and I can't see them lol!).
Moppet Posted - 24/05/2013 : 18:26:25
The parents

A picture of Kali and Apollo locked. (through a tub as I didn't want to disturb them)
Moppet Posted - 24/05/2013 : 18:14:59
Thank you Now just the waiting game again until they hatch...
lupi lou Posted - 24/05/2013 : 18:12:58
congrats on the eggies
Moppet Posted - 24/05/2013 : 17:58:05
I think she's finished I've put the eggs into the incubator and left her be in the laybox for now but I can't see any more bulges. I'll check her properly after she's had a little rest.

The final total is 22 eggs! 13 fertile, healthy looking eggs and 9 slugs. I think that's pretty good considering Kali is only 3ft9 (she's fully grown, 5 yrs old). Perhaps I would have had more fertile eggs if Apollo was older and larger, he was approx. 22months old and only 140g when he locked with Kali and it was his first pairing.

Also, a photo of her in the process of laying.
smart bunny Posted - 24/05/2013 : 14:41:49
Yay well done Kali, I hope she lays them all OK Moppet :D
kev 5 Posted - 24/05/2013 : 13:58:36
Congrats.. I've never brumated and had clutches with up to 28 fertile eggs. Some clutches just have slugs, not a lot you can do. Looks like 4 fertile ones to me and I'm sure they're will be more
Criminal Nails Posted - 24/05/2013 : 12:22:09
Congrats! ^^ That's promising!
AcidicAngel Posted - 24/05/2013 : 11:02:55
Yes!!!! Good girl Kali! Finally Ya mam was getting worried! On the plus side, at least some are fertile I didn't brumate either of mine but mine are older(7 & 5 Years old) so that's probably why I got a few more fertile. I can see 8 in that picture btw

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000