The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Look What I Just Found With Missus!!!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AcidicAngel Posted - 22/05/2013 : 23:01:01
Six Pearly White Healthy looking eggs!!!! And still laying!

There's only Five in the picture but she laid another straight after the picture was taken and then started laying a Seventh!

Moppet!!! How's Kali doing?!
I have to be the happiest person right now!!! I was starting to doubt her and myself after getting nothing last year but here's the proof that she and Cereus are fertile!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 23:36:08
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

Well done Sakana. She timed it well for you too, just before you're going away

Still nothing from Kali... Maybe she's waiting for the weekend so I can keep an eye on her better

Yeah, she did lol. I was starting to get worried I'd have to leave my mum to move them and my mum was a wreck thinking of that XD Aww, maybe she is Snakes seem to know apparently because I was sat in front of Sakana going "Please lay them before I got away!" and viola!
Moppet Posted - 23/05/2013 : 22:35:53
Well done Sakana. She timed it well for you too, just before you're going away

Still nothing from Kali... Maybe she's waiting for the weekend so I can keep an eye on her better
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 20:31:34
She's finished She laid 18 altogether. 15 OK-Good ones and 3 Slugs. Not bad for her first clutch at 7 years old.
smart bunny Posted - 23/05/2013 : 20:14:56
Sorry I don't know anything about funny-shaped eggs - but would have thought if there were veins it would be worth incubating? Hopefully one of the regular breeders will be along soon. I'm glad she layed it OK, and hope the other is OK as well!
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 13:56:40
She's just laid this... It looks healthy apart from the odd sticky out bit :/ It feels like the healthy one, soft to the touch but not squidgy and nice and leathery feeling... What do you think? Incubate it? Or do you think the little snakey inside(I candled, there are veins) would probably be deformed and it would be kinder to kill the egg? I don't know...

As an update goes, she looks like she may have been holding on to two. I removed this and she still had a decent bump near her vent.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 07:11:39
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Congrats Acidic, hope she is OK getting that last one out :)

Thank-You Me too, it's not particularly large or hard so I think she will, I think she was just a little tired and needed a rest. I mean in an hour she went from 8 up to 14 Laid!
smart bunny Posted - 23/05/2013 : 07:09:22
Congrats Acidic, hope she is OK getting that last one out :)
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 06:46:33
quote:

That's great.looks like a lovely clutch hope she lays the last one ok. Still nothing from Kali...

Aww, Kali! Get your butt in gear! Ya mams waiting and getting worried! Lol. Yeah, I hope she get's them out... If not I may end up rushing her to the vets as I leave for 2 weeks on Friday(my mums taking care of incubation for those 2 weeks) and my mum won't be able to deal with it alone...
Moppet Posted - 23/05/2013 : 06:29:37
That's great.looks like a lovely clutch hope she lays the last one ok. Still nothing from Kali...
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 05:16:23
Right, we got to 14 eggs and I can't see any more. She looks tired out bless her but she still looks quite thick round the back end so I don't know whether to move the current ones and see if she lays any more or leave her... Ideas?

Had to remove them from her as she was getting restless and starting to push them. She does have one left but I've left her to lay that, left the moist box in but removed the eggs. There are at least 12 healthy, 2 that look a bit hit and miss and 2 slugs. Now we just wait to see what happens with missus. Here are the eggs in their incubator, you can see the two that look hit and miss in the bottom right. They look slightly yellow but feel like the rest of them whereas the 2 slugs were floppy and yellow, squidgy to the point of it felt like literally just flimsy bags of water.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 02:13:38
Update!! We're on 14 eggs now At least 14 any way. I got the best count I could lol.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:56:06
quote:

Yep. And if Cereus turns out to be het hypo that would add to the fun Lots of possibilities.

Oh dear XD 8 eggs at least now I can't see her vent anymore as she's moved but there's 8 and her tail is still up so I think there's more on their way. I don't want to disturb her too much though so all I'm doing is lifting the lid enough to see her and the eggs to count and see she's doing OK then leaving her alone again.
Moppet Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:38:54
Yep. And if Cereus turns out to be het hypo that would add to the fun Lots of possibilities.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:36:00
quote:

You did get it right but you could also get Butter ph hypos

Forgot that one XD Hey even if Sakana just turns uut to be het Amel and Caramel I could get Butter het Hypo right?
Moppet Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:30:04
You did get it right but you could also get Butter ph hypos
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:20:59
quote:

I hope the amel gene proves out for you 66% is pretty good odds.

I hope so too I plan to try and keep a little female so I can breed her to Cereus later in life as she'll be het Caramel and Amel so I should get some nice ones from that pairing.
If I did I'd hopefully get
Caramel Het Amel PH Hypo
Amel Het Caramel PH Hypo
Carolina Het Amel & Caramel PH Hypo

Wow, I think I got that right... If I did, I'm getting the hang of this XD
Moppet Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:17:59
I hope the amel gene proves out for you 66% is pretty good odds.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:13:32
quote:

Exciting Maybe if you're really lucky Sakana will happen to be het for caramel and Cereus will happen to be het hypo Then you'd get some awesome hatchies

That would be confusing XD Well I know Sakana is 66% PH Amel as her clutch mate, Red, who is owned by my uncle who I got her off is Amel visibly. So her parents had to both be at least Het Amel which makes her 66% PH Amel lol.
Moppet Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:11:45
Exciting Maybe if you're really lucky Sakana will happen to be het for caramel and Cereus will happen to be het hypo Then you'd get some awesome hatchies
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 00:07:07
quote:

I think I would do the same

Sooo, what morph hatchlings are you hoping for then? Other than amel I mean. Do you know their hets?

I only know that Sakana is 66% PH Amel. So that's a Hypo PH Amel mother and a Butter Unknown(if any) hets father. So I'm hoping for...
Carolina Het Amel, Hypo & Caramel
Amel Het Hypo & Caramel
If she proves out

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000