The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Overdue?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leedxmg Posted - 15/04/2013 : 18:09:36
Right my female corn is on its 'last average' day when she is supposed to lay her eggs, just wondering if its normal for them to hold them in over the average time after the pre lay shed which she did have. Also, although their has been a nice damp laybox in her viv she seems to be out a fair amount pushing on the glass as if trying to get out? Just acting a bit dodgy to me.. Any thoughts?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leedxmg Posted - 21/04/2013 : 18:02:55
Yeah I've had a good check of her now, all out! Getting a small mouse tonight too, she looks tiny compared to a few days ago!
kev 5 Posted - 21/04/2013 : 15:51:32
Congrats. There can be hours between eggs. She probably has finished, just keep an eye on her
Leedxmg Posted - 21/04/2013 : 09:55:33
What do you mean? I left her for about 8 hours when I noticed her starting to lay and she didn't lay any after the last one for 2 hours..
smart bunny Posted - 21/04/2013 : 07:36:46
Congrats :) Have you checked her to make sure she is finished?
Leedxmg Posted - 21/04/2013 : 00:03:57
GET IN. Just found 11 lovely pearly white eggs and no slugs in her laybox, so happy
Leedxmg Posted - 15/04/2013 : 21:13:31
Thanks for the replys, yes she has a nice laybox with plenty or damp sphagnum moss in there :) ill get back on here if she doesn't pop them out soon!
herriotfan Posted - 15/04/2013 : 19:36:17
Living creatures do not always obey exact timetables...ask any overdue woman!!
Snake are the same. Allow a few days either side of your dates before you start to worry.
Have you put a laying box in her viv? Something like an old ice-cream tub with damp moss would be fine.
I'm sure she'll have you counting eggs in no time.
Moppet Posted - 15/04/2013 : 19:21:39
An average is made by taking lots of different values. Not all snakes will lay on the average day after the pre lay shed. I'm not experienced with breeding myself yet but I wouldn't worry just because your snake apparently hasn't been told about the average time she should lay They do like to make us worry.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000