The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Recommended thermostat.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 12/03/2013 : 11:53:45
Which thermostat would you recommend for use in a home-made snake egg incubator?
Do you think it's best to have a mat-stat or a pulse-stat?
Thanks for your help, as always!
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
viraleye Posted - 12/03/2013 : 22:07:03
Or buy the new habistat version for cheaper ;)
ScalySituation Posted - 12/03/2013 : 19:34:35
wow that sounds fantastic, when i win the lottery i think :D
Donnie Posted - 12/03/2013 : 19:31:49
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

wow that looks great donnie!! where u get it from? it looks awful pricey though

I got it from Surrey pet supplies and no it wasn't cheap (£130 each I think ) but I think it should be worth it. Each stat will control 2 vivs and I can set the temp to ramp up in the morning to reach peak temp at about lunch time and then cool down gradually for a night time temp drop (the 2 vivs it will be controlling can be set to completely different temps and times) and it will also have some lights plugged into it that will be timed to give a day and night cycle. It can do other things as well and all controlled from a PC or from the stat itself but those are the main functions I bought them for. God I spoil my carpets
ScalySituation Posted - 12/03/2013 : 19:08:46
wow that looks great donnie!! where u get it from? it looks awful pricey though
Donnie Posted - 12/03/2013 : 18:57:21
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

pulse all the way for an incubator mat, but I'd also be tempted to try one of the new digital dimmer stats like Gmac mentioned don't have a minimum load.

Thanks eeji. I've already got the pulse on order but will consider one of the new ones when I need to update some of my other old stats.

If you do want a new digital stat in the future I think this will be the one to get

I have not got mine setup yet but my viv builds are going full steam ahead so I can use them
herriotfan Posted - 12/03/2013 : 18:41:04
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

pulse all the way for an incubator mat, but I'd also be tempted to try one of the new digital dimmer stats like Gmac mentioned don't have a minimum load.

Thanks eeji. I've already got the pulse on order but will consider one of the new ones when I need to update some of my other old stats.
eeji Posted - 12/03/2013 : 18:32:29
gmac Posted - 12/03/2013 : 16:19:27
mats = mat stats / pulse / some dimmers
bulbs = dimmers
ceramic = dimmer / pulse can also be used
Jayclk Posted - 12/03/2013 : 15:32:56
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

indeed you can Jayclk they are the best type of stats for mats ;). Some dimmers also work fine with mats however some dimmers have a minimum wattage requirement making some unsuitable for mats

ah ok cool i have always thought it was

mat stat = mats
pulse = ceramic
dimming = light emitting bulbs

so always bought mat stat for mats lol even tho i like the way my pulse work,have to up grade all mine to pulse then
gmac Posted - 12/03/2013 : 13:25:24
indeed you can Jayclk they are the best type of stats for mats ;). Some dimmers also work fine with mats however some dimmers have a minimum wattage requirement making some unsuitable for mats
Jayclk Posted - 12/03/2013 : 13:22:26
you can use pulse on mats ? sry totally unrelated to the first post
herriotfan Posted - 12/03/2013 : 12:02:48
Thanks gmac...I thought that's what you'd say!
gmac Posted - 12/03/2013 : 11:59:33
pulse all the way,

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000