The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Not mating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lukehughes72 Posted - 05/03/2013 : 16:19:35
So my male corn just done its first shed after coming out of brumation. I introduced him into a breeding container lined with paper towels with the female in last night. The female took interest as she was flagging her tail through most of this why the male seemed like he wanted to do everything to get away from her and out of the container. Is it best to feed my snakes as they are due today and try again soon?
Thanks
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AcidicAngel Posted - 13/03/2013 : 22:40:32
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

I know lol, I'm thinking of letting them leave it this year and trying again next year instead now though.

Don't give up just yet, my lot were never interested until late May

I decided not to give up, let them empty themselves of any remaining food and now they are cooling for a month or so. just to give them the time to up their fertility chances and everything. Bought 4 small mice so they can have 2 smaller feeds before meeting each other once they wake up
eeji Posted - 13/03/2013 : 21:02:42
quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

I know lol, I'm thinking of letting them leave it this year and trying again next year instead now though.

Don't give up just yet, my lot were never interested until late May
Moppet Posted - 13/03/2013 : 19:06:27
My two don't seem interested yet either. My male was really up for it about a month ago but now he's not bothered. My female has been doing the twitching thing but just refuses to let him do the deed. I'm also thinking about leaving it to next year as mine haven't even been bromated, I was just going to see if they would breed without that help. I'm thinking probably not as they seem to be a bit out of sync with each other...

I wondered if the unusually cold weather could be confusing them a little. The day length is increasing but it is cold again and the ambient temperature of their vivs will be affected.
AcidicAngel Posted - 10/03/2013 : 20:00:56
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

don't panic too much, its still early in the season yet :)

eeji Posted - 10/03/2013 : 19:52:05
don't panic too much, its still early in the season yet :)
AcidicAngel Posted - 09/03/2013 : 23:43:32
I'm having the same problem. My female has shed so I introduced the male, she twitched and gave him all the signs... What did he do? Went and hid in her hide and left her hanging. They've locked before so I know they are male and female, he's just not interested lol. I even tried putting her in his viv, same result but he hid in his own hide obviously.
lukehughes72 Posted - 09/03/2013 : 22:40:02
Still no lucky guys. Do you recommend putting the male into the female tank and not a breeding container?
kev 5 Posted - 05/03/2013 : 23:08:18
Don't worry not all mate straight away, they will eventually. Good luck
lukehughes72 Posted - 05/03/2013 : 22:03:51
Yeah the female shed a week before. Fed them each a mouse and Ill try in 2 days, thanks!
kev 5 Posted - 05/03/2013 : 20:11:12
I would feed them. It's normally better to introduce them after the female sheds

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000