The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 breeding too young

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lupi lou Posted - 04/03/2013 : 16:27:23
Asking this for a friend, they have two corns which will be two in July, unfortunately the male has managed to get in with the female and when my friend found them they had locked. They have since been separated and the vivs secured.Our concern is that she is too young as she isn't even two yet and nowhere near the 300g mark. so we are wondering how likely it is that she will be gravid and what the chances are of her laying? I know that there will be a big risk of her getting egg bound. Any advice appreciated.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 10/04/2013 : 18:26:25
it looks like she has, she surprised me and owner as over the weekend she laid one egg which didn't look good and she didn't lay any more but we could see what we thought were two more. we were about convinced that she was egg bound and started preparing for the worst when she laid a further 5 eggs! how she was hiding all of them we don't know as the eggs were wider than her bless her, there are no obvious lumps now.
Isoldael Posted - 10/04/2013 : 00:16:55
Make sure she actually passed all the eggs, too!
lupi lou Posted - 09/04/2013 : 20:20:43
ok thanks I'll do that
herriotfan Posted - 09/04/2013 : 17:42:05
Suggest that they give her a few smaller feeds every 5 days for a while, to build her up, before she has normal size food.
lupi lou Posted - 09/04/2013 : 17:32:06
Just to let you all know she laid 6 eggs! Hopefully the little girl will start eating again now and get some weight on her.
lupi lou Posted - 05/03/2013 : 10:06:29
thanks for the advise I'll let them know
kev 5 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 21:36:47
I feed my gravid females every 5 days as around three weeks before laying the female will stop eating
lupi lou Posted - 04/03/2013 : 19:35:11
would she benefit from being fed every 5 days rather than the 7 she is currently on then do you think?
eeji Posted - 04/03/2013 : 19:03:40
chances are she will be gravid, will lay, and will do it without too much problem. The important thing now is to keep an eye on her weight and to keep her well fed. The weight issue will be especially important after laying as she will most likely look painfully thin afterwards.
lupi lou Posted - 04/03/2013 : 17:02:05
ok thank you
gmac Posted - 04/03/2013 : 16:47:46
some do some dont its not age or size dependant
lupi lou Posted - 04/03/2013 : 16:41:28
thanks I did think that would probably be all they could do. Is it possible that she might re-absorb at all with her being so small? sorry if that's a dumb question Am not all that clued up when it comes to breeding as I have no plans to breed mine.
gmac Posted - 04/03/2013 : 16:37:22
best to just keep an aye and see how it goes infact thats pretty much all they can do, if they locked there is a chance she will become gravid.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000