The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Why wont my pair lock???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sw1fty84 Posted - 11/12/2012 : 13:45:26
I have a 4year old male Carolina and a 3 year old female Carolina that im trying to breed.

The male just doesnt seem intrested at all!

They did spend about 18months living in the same viv but have been separated for over a year now.

The female shows all the signs of interest but the male just curls up and wont take any notice.

They have been probed twice to double make sure the sex is rite.

Any ideas????
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 30/12/2012 : 02:12:32
Maybe you would have more success if you brumated them, then once they're warmed up and breeding season starts the male might be ready. I think I read somewhere that brumation can help the male to produce sperm, I know they are capable of breeding without being cooled but I think it is supposed to help.
Sw1fty84 Posted - 18/12/2012 : 16:38:09
I no the time of season can affect it but ive been trying all year with no luck at all.

Like i said the female is interested it seems but the male just dont care
AcidicAngel Posted - 12/12/2012 : 20:50:16
quote:
Originally posted by Isoldael

My 2 adults share a viv and the male isn't interested at all until spring... I guess it's hormones ^^

These 2 share a viv and have done since about March time this year so around about when breeding season was starting/middle of it. He's only just become interested XD
Isoldael Posted - 12/12/2012 : 19:28:46
My 2 adults share a viv and the male isn't interested at all until spring... I guess it's hormones ^^
AcidicAngel Posted - 12/12/2012 : 15:36:27
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

its because its the middle of winter and nowhere near breeding season

Middle of Winter thing doesn't seem to phase my 2... They've locked a good 6 times now and missus has just shed today so I'm wondering if it could be a prelay shed(last lock was about 3 weeks a go so not sure) but she's still eating.
eeji Posted - 11/12/2012 : 23:25:45
its because its the middle of winter and nowhere near breeding season
oakleyman18 Posted - 11/12/2012 : 14:45:26
Its a bit too early really in the season. I know most don't always need to worry about time of year, but sometimes the females don't always give off the right scents without being introduced a couple of times. How many times have you tried?
Figs Posted - 11/12/2012 : 14:04:27
Could the season have anything to do with it perhaps?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000