The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Hmm...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AcidicAngel Posted - 15/11/2012 : 18:38:44
Pretty sure I caught my corns mating for the first time since getting the male back in May a few weeks a go but he was trying a little too high and they never locked... He was about halfway up her body and trying there. There's been no change in her behaviour or body weight(apart from losing weight due to the diet) and he hasn't tried since... What could have spurred him on to try once but not again?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AcidicAngel Posted - 17/11/2012 : 00:01:43
I know it's not the best I wasn't expecting anything to happen this year and am going to split them after Christmas anyway. They've been together since May and the first time they've even attempted to breed was 2-3 weeks a go so wasn't expecting anything at all this year. It was quite unexpected. I did intend to breed them but not till next year since it wasn't happening this year and I was trying to bring them down in weight anyway... I seriously wasn't expecting anything but since I currently have no way to separate them. Like I say, I don't think she is gravid as he was halfway up her body rather than round her vent area and only tried once. She wasn't too impressed with him, I can say that lol
Georgina Posted - 16/11/2012 : 13:44:33
J just read back through my posts and j sound like I'm having a rant. I'm not. It doesn't help that my autocorrects make me sound like I can't speak English. Hopefully it won't have bad effects in the female and or the eggs. But even healthy snakes can have trouble so just be aware of te heightened risk with not 100 percent snakes. X
Isoldael Posted - 16/11/2012 : 13:15:02
Yes, yes, I'm not saying it isn't. I just mean that -even though it might not be a good idea to breed them intentionally- something good might come from it. That's all.
Georgina Posted - 16/11/2012 : 12:02:22
Surley it is intentional if they cohab?
Isoldael Posted - 16/11/2012 : 11:54:21
Aye, I don't mean intentionally breeding ^^ Was just trying to look at it from the positive side if she's already gravid.
Georgina Posted - 16/11/2012 : 11:28:31
It the excess weight could make it hard for her to lay and cause her to egg bound. I don't think it is good to breed animals that are not in perfect health. But again it's opinion.
Isoldael Posted - 16/11/2012 : 11:25:47
On the other hand, if it already happened and the female is gravid, she might get rid of some more of the excess weight by laying those eggs, it would burn up quite some body reserves :)
Georgina Posted - 16/11/2012 : 09:35:16
That's great thatcyiuvhave got them down a hit but they are not in optimum health to be bred. U would just be careful as it could cause complications.
AcidicAngel Posted - 16/11/2012 : 03:40:11
They're not too bad now, both down to about 750 grams.
Georgina Posted - 15/11/2012 : 23:59:46
I'd it a wise idea to have them mate whilst they re overweight?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000