The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Breeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mikejlunt Posted - 01/10/2012 : 10:34:30
Izzy has been doing much better since the last time I was on here, I've been moving out to my own place since so I have only just had time to come on here.
I will post some pictures on here later with her latest length and weight. I think the last time I weighed her she was around 160g, so 70g better than what she was. So she is looking a lot healthier.
I am hoping she will hit the big 300g some time next year, and then she will be healthy enough to breed.

I just wondered if anybody has any advice for me?
The best way to go about breeding, all of the steps that need to be taken? How to go about finding a home for them? etc. I am a complete newbie to snake breeding so as much information as you can would be fantastic.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 18/10/2012 : 10:46:00
Random bit of advice, but make sure your female has plenty of stuff to climb on as it will strengthen the muscles used for laying the eggs and reduce the chance of eggbinding.

good luck, its stupidly exciting (and frustrating!) :D
ScalySituation Posted - 03/10/2012 : 21:17:11
I got the bookie too!
paulie78 Posted - 03/10/2012 : 19:53:31
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

theres a very good article here with lots of info: http://www.vmsherp.com/LCBreedingCorns.htm and also pick up a copy of Cornsnakes, the comprehensive owners guide by Kathy Love.

Has That book both editions lol its ace but also got the charles pritzel morph guides which are ace if you want to learn the science
eeji Posted - 03/10/2012 : 19:39:31
theres a very good article here with lots of info: http://www.vmsherp.com/LCBreedingCorns.htm and also pick up a copy of Cornsnakes, the comprehensive owners guide by Kathy Love.
Georgina Posted - 02/10/2012 : 17:05:48
Fair enough, if you have a look around the forum, use the search function you will find a lot of help. The male would still need to be quarintined away from any other snake for 3 month before putting them together, normally making it immpossible to borrow a snake. Its a process that can be complicated and go very wrong x
mikejlunt Posted - 02/10/2012 : 14:09:48
I know all of that, I understand about the 3 3's as I mentioned before. That's why I am not breeding her yet and why I said she should be healthy enough at some point next year.

But I am just interested in the whole process, I know that you need an incubator for the eggs and (of course) a male. I know where I can get both of them as I know the owner of a pet store who has said she will let me use her snake.
And I am not in it for the money either, the same pet store would happily take them in for me if I couldn't find homes for them myself.

But I wanted to know as much as I could about what happens and when. If you get what I mean?
What stages are taken, if it is something that is relatively simple and easy to pull off or whether it will be complicated and very likely go wrong etc
But I would like to know exactly what steps are taken from beginning to end.
Georgina Posted - 02/10/2012 : 13:04:27
I wouldn't breed until the following year as she's so small now, she needs to be 3 year, 3ft and 300g before you even contemplate breeding. Plus you need a male which you will need to quarintine for 3 months prior to breeding. Enough money to hoyse, heat and feed 15+ babies. And then on get 10 each for the ones that feed first off. There's money loss in breeding regular morph corns I'm afraid x
mikejlunt Posted - 02/10/2012 : 10:00:08
Here she is

She has grown in length a little, so she is 92cm, and she is now 168g. Last time I was here she was 98g and a few cm under 3ft. So she is on her way to a much healthier weight.

But as much information on the whole breeding process would be really helpful thanks.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000