The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 What to breed my amel with?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Isoldael Posted - 03/09/2012 : 14:48:49
Okay, it's very early for this question but I'm going to ask anyway! I'd like to buy a future mate for my little amel corn (no hets that I'm aware of, but there could be some). She's one of this year's clutch, so it'll take about 3 years before I'll breed her, but seeing that I love to raise my pets from when they're very little, I want to buy her a mate on the reptile expo that will happen in my town soon.

I'm secretly hoping they will sell tesseras there, so at least I'll get interesting patterns, if they don't, what do you think I should mix her with? Perhaps an anery het amel and see if I can get snows? Or breed with a snow for snows/amels? Or something else entirely? :D

Thank you in advance! :)
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 12/09/2012 : 19:19:21
theres always the chance of unknown hets, but theres an equal chance there isn't.
Isoldael Posted - 11/09/2012 : 13:57:17
Aye, I know how genetics work. I was just wondering if some hets were more common than others (e.g. motley, amel, anery?) so I'd have at least a chance of breeding something new ^^

I suppose I'll just go to the reptile expo next week and see if I can find something I like, and try my luck :)
danny Posted - 09/09/2012 : 23:09:57
Whatever u breed the other has to be at least het of what the other snake is .
oakleyman18 Posted - 05/09/2012 : 20:15:40
Not unless the Okeetee was het for Amel. And even then the Amel would have to be a Reverse Okeetee. RO isn't a gene, it's just a pattern which is selectively bred through generations. It doesn't work in the same way as base genes.
Mike80 Posted - 05/09/2012 : 19:54:29
Would a normal Okeetee give 50% Reverse Okeetee when bred with an amel?

eeji Posted - 05/09/2012 : 19:16:50
if you don't know if she has any hets then the best you can expect to see is more amels, unless you go down the ultra/ultramel route which is a hybrid breeding.
Isoldael Posted - 04/09/2012 : 12:33:09
Well, as I said, I don't know if she's het anery or het anything. I just know she's an amel, was just wondering what hets are most common and what I'd have the best chances of breeding something new with :)
eeji Posted - 03/09/2012 : 20:24:41
the easiest way to do this is to start at the end (the morph you eventually want to make) then work backwards
paulie78 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 18:28:31
quote:
Originally posted by williamwallsend

paulie, what type of corn is cloud ?

Hes a snow motley :-)
williamwallsend Posted - 03/09/2012 : 15:29:45
paulie, what type of corn is cloud ?
paulie78 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 15:21:34
Even if you put her to an anery het amel youve no chance of snows unless yours is het anery do you happen to know its parentage ? same thing if you put it to a snow only thing you can put it too to garuntee non normal hatchlings is another amel lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000