The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 so when do snakes...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 08/07/2012 : 17:59:55
go into season?

is january 2013 is the next season to start breeding?
wasnt sure when to put the two together thats why i ask..

I wasnt sure wether you could put them together any other times of the year..also when are the appropriate times to put the male in with the female?

exact dates/times would really help

sorry if seems like a silly question...just want to get it spot on..
thanks guys
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 09/07/2012 : 19:00:29
[on-topic]

Mine only seem interested in breeding late in the season, around mid-may
gmac Posted - 08/07/2012 : 23:02:56
need a satnav to get back on topic, lets try though please
Donnie Posted - 08/07/2012 : 23:01:57
I was never not nice to you in your other thread or this one. I think you need to read what you post to see who is not being nice and immature.
gmac Posted - 08/07/2012 : 23:00:41
MissSnakeHandler, Donnie asked a valid question, as there was so much conflicting information on that thread, so i suggest you drop your attitude towards him now, I wont put up with it. I though the same thing he did when I read this thread. You have also said you know what you are doing and know the doos and donts. Looks to me you are a first time breeder who doesnt know and are asking questions which is fair enough as we all need to learn. And by making statements that you know what you are doing is somewhat misleading.

MissSnakeHandler Posted - 08/07/2012 : 22:43:51
haha thats hilarious :/ relativly immature thing to say.. not saying forget what you posted.. but you know the nature of that thread/post and it wasnt exactly nice.. to the point the mod even said enuff is enuff..so all im saying is bringing that post up again was a douch thing to do in my opinion... oh well.. whats done is done ay..
Donnie Posted - 08/07/2012 : 22:06:43
quote:
Originally posted by Rachel

Donnie - I tend to forget what I'm saying before I've finished saying ... Err....

Rachel Posted - 08/07/2012 : 22:04:49
Donnie - I tend to forget what I'm saying before I've finished saying ... Err....
Donnie Posted - 08/07/2012 : 21:59:13
Well I am sorry for having a memory and remembering the things people have posted, I will try to forget the posts just after I read them from now on
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 08/07/2012 : 21:39:24
ok ok here we go...

in that long mind numbing thread last month...it went on for so long i dont think anyone really knew what the hell was going on. i dont know about you but i felt like i was going mad after that thread.. the worst experience ive ever injured!... it made me feel unwelcome...and i was going to leave... but i do like this forum.. i suppose you dont have to get on with everyone to enjoy being here.. anyway can you see my fustraition in that every post i write you have to write something negative towards it or bring up stuff that happend before.. i cant just ask a question and that be that.. what you have just done is bring up a load ofpoopthat didnt need bringing up in this post.. so here we go let me put your mind at rest donnie..

CLEAR UP..
SLASH = 2.5 YEARS OLD SHE IS JUST OVER 4 FT AND HER WEIGHT IS OVER 300G

zepplin doesnt need explaining as im not breeding her
now that you know the ins and outs of slash..i hope your happy ...and can finally get off my back in regards to that ridiculous post last month...quiet sad that you even went back to that post just to quote somepoopfrom it..anyhoo.. if you cant talk to me in any of my posts about the thread topic and just bring up that other topic...just dont bother posting to any of my threads then at least i can have a decent convo with other people on here without loosing my rag because your haunting on every one of my topics..
just leave me alone yeah. oh and thank for spoiling another one of my threads with your uneeded opinion. and yeah last topic was a typo error..so sorry that it bothered you so much :)
if you cant talk to me on here dont,.... i definatly wont lose sleep at night :D and neither will my snakes haha

thanks to everyone else for awnsering my question. x
Donnie Posted - 08/07/2012 : 21:21:45
All we have to go on here is the information that you post and in that last thread you posted a lot of conflicting information which is what we all based our advice on (advice you wanted by posting original question, just did not like the responses you got).
Believe me I am not talking to you like you are an idiot and as I said I do not want to start a long debate again, but unless you post the correct information then people are going to give you advice you don't want to hear due to that. If you posted the wrong ages by mistake in the last thread then maybe you should make us aware of the error and correct it in a later post so this clears up any confusion rather than just getting het up and abusive towards people who are tying to help.
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 08/07/2012 : 21:08:57
lol in january 2013 slash will be 3 years ... im breeding slash as she is perfect for breeding.. shes over 4 ft and she over 300g in weight..
please do not go into that thread again...there was so much confusion i didnt know wether people was wanting to know about slash or zepplin (the other female..

for god sake...it was clear that i was just getting the same advice (which i already knew and didnt ask for in the first place)
that thread was locked for a reason....

im not an idiot so please stop talking to me as if i am...i know what im doing i know the doos and donts and if there is anything im not sure of i ask..
so stop bringing stuff up that was not needed when it was said and is definatly not needed now!
Donnie Posted - 08/07/2012 : 20:39:27
Jade,

about this post
quote:
Originally posted by MissSnakeHandler

my snakes are already at breeding requirements.. right weight, length ect...
by next year they will be more than ready :)

I don't want to start another long debate again but you will remember your thread last month regarding when to introduce your new male to your two females and Smart Bunny posted the breeding rule

quote:
Originally posted by smartbunny

Er just to let you know - females should be at least 3yrs, 300g and 3ft in length before breeding as it can be dangerous for them to lay eggs before then, so they will be too young this next January

to which you replied

quote:
Originally posted by MissSnakeHandler

firstly to smart bunny... im not an amature when it comes to corns.. i know the ages snakes have to be for them to start breeding, thats why i asked the question. (should i introduce them or not.) wasnt sure wether they would try and breed before maturity. thanks anyway.

slash is 1 year 3 months and 3 and half foot long!! big girl! and zepplin is unknown as she was found in my brothers studio. but shes smaller than slash but shes just under 3 foot but abit slimmer than slash. so i guess she about a year by the size of her head and body..

You said that your female snakes are long enough but have also stated their ages which in January 2013 they will both be at least 1 year under the recommended breeding age.

Do you not think it will be worth waiting that extra year so they are 3 years old to ensure that you can offer them the best chance of laying healthy eggs and not possibly causing them health issues later in life?
kev 5 Posted - 08/07/2012 : 20:06:47
between 4 and 6 weeks is the average. after the pre lay shed 7-14 days
MissSnakeHandler Posted - 08/07/2012 : 20:04:23
my snakes are already at breeding requirements.. right weight, length ect...
by next year they will be more than ready :) thanks for all your replies very much helped :D

another question hehe sorry :) how long after they have mated will the female lay?
thank yhooo :D x
kev 5 Posted - 08/07/2012 : 19:29:50
a lot of breeders brumate their snakes and after they bring them out of brumation the male is introduced after the female shed. I don't brumate my snakes. december just gone one of my females shed so i put a male with her and they mated. then took the male out gave them a 3 day break and put back in (did this 3 times). my 2nd female wasn't interested until she shed in late february.
QueenVic Posted - 08/07/2012 : 19:29:23
People say they will breed all year round but mine wont lol! dont even acknowledge each other at the minute.

there isnt really an exact time or date, its just when winter has passed, the days start to get a bit longer and the temps rise.
If you want to be certain that they will breed, you could hold off on feeding them through December and then feed them a few times in January then introduce them.
Georgina Posted - 08/07/2012 : 19:25:44
corns will breed all year round, most introduce during the spring months. you have to make sure that your corns meet breeding requirments x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000