The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Developing Follicles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Spreebok Posted - 14/06/2012 : 14:47:25
Hey all, just a quick question!
My 21 month old Snow Corn Lister feels like she is developing a few little bumps in her backend, which I'm guessing to be follicles. If they are, what happens? Does she re-absorb them if they're not fertilized (Which they wont be lol), or will she lay them as slugs?

Sorry for the nooby question, just never dealt with the females changes and such before :)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Spreebok Posted - 14/06/2012 : 19:53:28
Thanks for the replies guys!
And yeah, good point eeji! This one certainly likes to conserve energy, the only time she ever moves if if there is food in front of her nose lol! I handle her and she's really floppy, likes to let me do all the work
eeji Posted - 14/06/2012 : 19:29:40
most females will reabsorb them, reptiles don't like to waste anything that costs energy :)
QueenVic Posted - 14/06/2012 : 19:09:50
Just did a bit of research and i think you were right to call them follicles.
Shows how much I know ;) lol!
marc_sg Posted - 14/06/2012 : 17:43:06
She may reabsorb them she may lay slugs. It depends on her really. Just when she next goes to shed put some spagnum moss in a container with a hole big enough for her to go thru and she will use this to shed . Then about 7-24 days after that if she decides to lay slugs she will use this as a lay box. Just keep an eye she should be ok
kdlang Posted - 14/06/2012 : 17:42:44
My Carmellia has done it this year and last. She is 3 this year. She does seem to put on weight quite quickly but after a few weeks the bumps just start disappearing. They always worry me though after the problems I have had with Connie as they really do feel like eggs.
Spreebok Posted - 14/06/2012 : 17:40:28
Follicles are the things they develop before they develop the eggs, if what I read is correct. I could be completely wrong mind, I usually am lol
QueenVic Posted - 14/06/2012 : 16:57:17
Follicles? not sure what you mean
but if she produces eggs and hasnt been mated then she'll probably lay slugs.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000