The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Dead eggs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
QueenVic Posted - 10/06/2012 : 14:32:33
my eggs are 81 days old.
They have been dented inwards for around 4 weeks now (Ive increased humidity greatly and it didn't change them so they are not dehydrated.)

I know that the incubating time varies, but i didn't think it got much past 70 days..

A few of the eggs have yellowish marks on them, but mostly they are still very white.

If the snakes were dead inside them would the egg start to go bad?

Ive tried candling but due to the dents i cant really see anything, just a few veins in places.

what do people think??
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 25/06/2012 : 17:07:37
Okay, so I thought id update for anyone whos interested.

I ended up with 7 hatchies:
1 snow
1 anery
5 normals

All of them have shed, and three of them have eaten.

I have a question though, I fed one of the normals about 4 days ago and it still hasn't pooed.
one of the ones I fed a day or two after has pooed twice. But the one that ate first still hasnt done anything. It doesn't really have a lump where the mouse was any more either, so i assume it has been digested, but not passed through..
normal? should i worry? thought about giving it a bath but its a jumpy little thing anyway, dont wanna stress it out more than necessary.

kev 5 Posted - 18/06/2012 : 07:14:03
good to hear
QueenVic Posted - 18/06/2012 : 01:09:54
another normal has come out fully now :)
so one left thats pipped and then 4 more that havent pipped yet..
QueenVic Posted - 17/06/2012 : 21:42:05
The pics are up Katie, in the photo section :)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 17/06/2012 : 21:28:06
Pics pics pics pics pics pics Pics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics picsPics pics pics pics pics pics

...please:)
Sta~ple Posted - 17/06/2012 : 21:22:46
quote:
Originally posted by QueenVic

So ive got two normals fully hatched and set up.
My snow, and now an anery has fully emerged and is all set up.

Pretty sure its anery, the normals have a plum-ish tone to them, where as the anery is jet black, no red whatsoever

Yeahh, my story tells everyone that you should never give up on any eggs.
(although i am quite new to this so i probs misjudged)
But yeah, eggs are much hardier than people think they are

Not all the time, it can take a couple of days or two months in my babies case.for amy of the redy orange pigment of.normals to show through, they had jet black saddles.for.all that time.
QueenVic Posted - 17/06/2012 : 21:04:11
Pics are up ;)
QueenVic Posted - 17/06/2012 : 18:37:33
Noo not yet :( nothings come to me.

And like i say, ill get pics when they have all hatched.
Just put them in their little tubs and left them be for now, a few of em were pretty skittish so I'll let them calm down for a while.

Might be able to get a sneak preview of the snow for you, he's so confident its weird!
Elicia Posted - 17/06/2012 : 18:24:40
pics pleeease!have you decided on a name for 'snowy' yet lol.x
QueenVic Posted - 17/06/2012 : 18:09:54
So ive got two normals fully hatched and set up.
My snow, and now an anery has fully emerged and is all set up.

Pretty sure its anery, the normals have a plum-ish tone to them, where as the anery is jet black, no red whatsoever

Yeahh, my story tells everyone that you should never give up on any eggs.
(although i am quite new to this so i probs misjudged)
But yeah, eggs are much hardier than people think they are
Andrea49 Posted - 17/06/2012 : 10:33:59
Such a roller coaster for you! But I guess it proves that you can't predict what'll happen with snakes - they'll come out when they're ready :)
Sta~ple Posted - 17/06/2012 : 09:05:11
Lots of normals look like anerys for a while. Yes the one still inside its egg is normal, I had one in the egg for 5 days, would poke its head out the egg to bite me though as I scopped up the others that had fully hatched though!

Congrats again!
voodoo Posted - 17/06/2012 : 00:23:18
aw, just read this whole thread, that sounds horrible! Im so glad that some were ok, and a snow for the first, thats excellent! hope they all do really well :)
lupi lou Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:44:39
aww thats great news, eagerly awating pics!! maybe you should name your little snow 'patience' would be quite apt :-)
kev 5 Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:33:33
glad things are looking a lot better now
QueenVic Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:14:00
*Four that have pipped
QueenVic Posted - 16/06/2012 : 22:13:21
Two normals have fully emerged now and are set up in their little tubs. That makes three now.
Then there are three that have pipped (One pipped a couple of hours ago) and they all look like normals too.

Just three eggs to go after that. One of them is quite yellowy and very dented, so not sure about it. but the other two dont look too bad.

:D

oh, and no pics as of yet. Gonna wait for them all to hatch and then ill get some
kdlang Posted - 16/06/2012 : 11:06:45
I am soooooo please for you hun. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pics of these special babies. Any sneaky previews?
smart bunny Posted - 16/06/2012 : 10:22:35
Oh wow that is fab news, so happy for you :D
ScalySituation Posted - 16/06/2012 : 09:56:49
this is amazing news :D :D :D so chuffed for ya :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000