The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 breading

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kirsty Posted - 05/06/2012 : 22:26:19
i have a male and female already living together, what do i do with regards to breading them both
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marc_sg Posted - 06/06/2012 : 22:02:12
Well all i wanna say is if u listen too this lot u cant go wrong . And good luck.
smart bunny Posted - 06/06/2012 : 21:24:42
PMSL at Eeji's post!!!!!!

Not much to add really - just as above, make sure they are kept separate unless they have reached the appropriate size and weight.
gmac Posted - 06/06/2012 : 12:22:05
moved to the correct forum
eeji Posted - 06/06/2012 : 12:06:59
[/sillyanswer]

[sensibleanswer]
If you want them to breed then you can keep them together, then separate them when your female is showing signs of being gravid to reduce the stresses of constant male attention that could potentially lead to becoming eggbound (thats a worst case scenario, but it can and does happen). If you don't want to breed them then they should be separated permanently.
cobweb251 Posted - 06/06/2012 : 10:35:14
no comment just laughter..... you do need to seperate them though
QueenVic Posted - 06/06/2012 : 01:54:23
Lol, It was good advice, i think you were just a little abrupt ;)
danny Posted - 06/06/2012 : 01:41:50
And thats whats been given no attacking here. Im sure everyone agres that it is one of the best things to do if you want to breed as queenvic allso mentioned above. werent horrible in anyway if that was the case then im sure a mod would deleate the post or say so, lol at eejj corn snake coujons
QueenVic Posted - 06/06/2012 : 01:19:44
Loved Eeji's comment.

And yeah, I would split them up if i were you once they have mated, stops the female being stressed by the male when she becomes gravid. And stops unwanted matings (not good for her health to do it more than once a year.)

3ft, 300g, 3years is the general rule for when a female is ready to breed, the male can be a little smaller and a little younger than though.

Generally you want to wait until spring time, I think I introduced mine in February this year, as that is the natural time they would breed in the wild. Some people artificially create that time of year with lights and temps (search brumation)

And obviously start thinking about an incubator if they do breed, as the eggs will need to be kept separate and in the right conditions.

Hope that was somewhat helpful, good luck.
Georgina Posted - 05/06/2012 : 23:42:00
quote:
Originally posted by danny

Spliting them up would be a good start

people post questions like this to get constructive advice not to be attacked.

as for the breeding thing, some more info would be good.

ages, sizes, viv setup.
x
voodoo Posted - 05/06/2012 : 23:28:26
quote:
Originally posted by eeji
the easiest thing is to roll them in a beaten egg then the crumbs will stick better, then stick em under the grill for a few minutes
add a few herbs and spices, good to go
paulie78 Posted - 05/06/2012 : 23:26:05
Kirsty how old are they they really need to be at least 3 years old 3ft in length and a minimum of 300 grams in weight before you shpould even consider breeding
paulie78 Posted - 05/06/2012 : 23:21:33
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

the easiest thing is to roll them in a beaten egg then the crumbs will stick better, then stick em under the grill for a few minutes

Pmsl eeji id call you mean if it werent so bloody funny haha
adamczuk Posted - 05/06/2012 : 23:16:12
^^^ I laughed, as did the missis.
eeji Posted - 05/06/2012 : 23:08:28
danny Posted - 05/06/2012 : 22:45:53
Spliting them up would be a good start

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000