The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Egg update

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mkmattyk Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:14:23
You may have read a while back that i bought a gravid amel, anyway she had 15 and so far all are still intact but ive noticed that one or two have mould on them and because they are all stuck together ive just been wiping the mould away and changing the moss (making sure that it was the right temp first) but each time i come back to them the mould is getting worse and they are due on the 10th.... What should i do, just keep wiping and changing????
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 06/06/2012 : 01:22:02
Aw no, thats gutting. At least the other is okay.
I had one last year with its yolk sac still attached, I was so worried but the little guy pulled through :)

Get some pics when you can :D
mkmattyk Posted - 05/06/2012 : 21:01:19
Ive still got 3 more still yet to pip ill keep everyone posted
kev 5 Posted - 05/06/2012 : 10:49:58
glad to hear the one with the cord is o.k, sorry to hear about the other one
mkmattyk Posted - 05/06/2012 : 08:57:58
Ive got some good news and bed news....
The good news is, the cord has come off and the snake is fine... Pics to follow
The bad news is, the one with the goo i mentioned earlier looks like its died, when i checked on them this morning one was fully out and the other was partially out but not moving ive put it in a separate tub just to be sure but it doesnt look good
kev 5 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 21:34:46
i'm sure he'll be fine mate
mkmattyk Posted - 04/06/2012 : 21:32:06
thanks kev, just checked on him and its gotten smaller and its red now, as apose to large and yellow, so i assume its aborbed its yolk, it doesnt look distressed so ill keep checking but wont touch
kev 5 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 21:27:04
happened to me last sunday. he started to pull the egg so i pulled the bit out of the egg, left the other end that was connected to him. i put him in a tub on his own and the next day it came off by it's self. if he doesn't look to distressed you can just leave him and it should come off naturally. he's fine now
mkmattyk Posted - 04/06/2012 : 20:44:41
Ill leave it well alone then SB till tomoz and ill update
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 20:33:52
Leave it well alone, the cord will hopefully detach naturally in due course. Do not try and remove it yourself.

If need be, take the hatchling and its egg (carefully!!) and set them up in their own correctly heated tub with damp kitchen roll and a wee pot of water.
mkmattyk Posted - 04/06/2012 : 20:27:57

I dont know wether you can see but its trying to wiggle away but because of that circled it cant
ScalySituation Posted - 04/06/2012 : 20:22:59
no good on breeding but could it be the equivelant to an umbilical cord? or doesnt that happen?
mkmattyk Posted - 04/06/2012 : 20:22:04
URGENT!!!!! The one thats moving has just come out buts its belly is connected to something inside the egg should i be worried????? It trying to move away but this thing on its belly is still connected preventing it from moving ill get a pic
mkmattyk Posted - 04/06/2012 : 19:08:53
Im not apossed to it spreebok but ill leave til tomorrow and as for the other one its moving but still not out :-(
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/06/2012 : 18:51:29
Slimy goo is normal, leave it be.
Spreebok Posted - 04/06/2012 : 18:47:38
I know some people are against it, but maybe with that dodgy one you could slit the top open a bit? I'd do it more just to make sure the wee thing is okay myself, but like I said, some people don't do it :)
mkmattyk Posted - 04/06/2012 : 18:29:31
Yep well my little girl and now my big girl (the OH) is falling in love.... And queenvic the one next to the one ringed is quite wrinkled underneth
smart bunny Posted - 04/06/2012 : 17:45:17
Of course - you do realise your little girl will fall in love with ALL of them and want to keep them ALL, don't you? :P
QueenVic Posted - 04/06/2012 : 17:44:52
Ive been wondering, my eggs look ALOT more dented in that yours and mine arent even hatching yet :S

they are like 50% dented on some of the eggs.... should i worry?
mkmattyk Posted - 04/06/2012 : 17:15:29
This egg maybe having trouble. I noticed that it had pipped but some slimy goo was comming out, and on further inspection its been pipped round the other side aswell... Ill have to keep an eye on that one lol

mkmattyk Posted - 04/06/2012 : 16:54:40
Sometings bugging me and i have to ask.....
When olly hatched i inspected his egg and a large mass of yellow stuff was in there, now my first thought was its yolk, and he looks pretty small even for a hatchling, but my main question is will he be ok even if he didnt absorb his yolk??

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000